Couch to 5K
52,730 members84,848 posts

Completed week 2!

Thanks to all the encouragement and advice I received from so many of you, I completed run 3 of week 2 today. Much better than my second run of week 2. And I did the stretching exercises recommended by Irishprincess, which felt very beneficial. And I didn't feel as self conscious as before.

So thanks again, and I'm looking forward (with some trepidation) to week 3.

Jo (New Oldie)

x

10 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s great to hear.

Remember a positive mindset throughout can only do good. Enjoy!

Thank you. Will try to stay positive!

Well done you... remember, each run follows the one before... anticipation not apprehension...:)

Keep it slow and steady...you will be fine:)

Yes I definitely got the "slow and steady" message from others on this forum. It helped me to complete the runs today.

1 like

Well done !! I'm just about to go and do run3 of week2 😬, I found run 1 hard ( painful knees ) run 2 was much better 😀, now for run 3 😜

I'll remember your 'slow and steady' statement 😜

Thanks and good luck! Sounds like you're improving all the time. My knees are hurting a bit so I'm hoping this isn't going to halt my progress. However, I don't want to get injured. I am doing the stretching after running and also have found some knee strengthening exercises. Anyway, hope your knees are holding up!

x

Done it !! I can still feel my knees , however the knee strengthening exercises help . I'll take it one run at a time and see how they go ....they have a couple of days rest now 😬

I haven't dared look at week 3 yet 😂😂

Good luck for next week 😘

1 like

Well done - that's fantastic! Stay in touch and good luck with the knees and week 3.

x

Well done to you both!

Thanks! It feels like people are cheering me on, which is a great boost.

1 like

You may also like...