After 10k: I’m wondering what people do once... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,654 members12,504 posts

After 10k

ElizaDolittle
ElizaDolittleGraduate10
6 Replies

I’m wondering what people do once they have achieved a 10K run?

There’s lots of stuff on line about half marathons but I don’t feel ready to commit to that at present. I’m thinking of continuing 3 runs a week including one 10K and seeing if I can get faster but am interested in what others do. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

6 Replies
oldestnewest
JaoJao
JaoJaoGraduate10

I’ve been consolidating after the juju magic plan, I’m not ready to

Move on yet, I’m just enjoying the 10k milestone for now.

Jogonton

After a 10k run? They pat themselves on the back and take it easy ???

grumpyoldgirl

When I finally get to 10k, that's exactly what I intend to do, thank you for saying it first! 😂

JonathanP
JonathanPGraduate10

The generally accepted rule is that you can work on speed or distance but not both. I found that increasing my weekly long run by roughly 1k per week up to 10 miles also improved my 5k and 10k times.👍

1 like
Bike_and_Run

I've just started on the Magic Plan so still quite a few weeks away from graduating but what happens next is still on my mind.

I would definitely like to build on the distance up to full marathon level (I expect there's a number of stages before I get there). I'm also wondering how feasible it is to get up to running 2 10K runs each week so the 5K is my short recovery run.

I'll certainly be investigating all the options as I get closer to graduating so thanks for this thread. Will be great to see all the suggestions.

1 like
sTrongFuse
sTrongFuseGraduate10

Celebrate...

It's really up to you. I've been following a pattern of long run/medium run/short run since 5k graduation in May. Last nigh I got to half-marathon, but that's just me. I'd say just do what makes you happy. If you want to stretch your distance out a bit, try adding 1km or 15mins to your weekly long run.

Alternatively, if you're happy at 10k, maybe try chipping away at your PB a few seconds at a time.

The main thing is, just keep enjoying your running and see where it takes you.

You may also like...