Bridge to 10K
4,834 members5,436 posts

First 10K!

First 10K!

So proud! Got to 6K today after setting off deliberately slower than usual and decided I’m doing the 10K today. Everything felt right. (Strange considering I may have drank more alcohol than I have in some time at a BBQ yesterday 😆). Need to start believing in myself now. Only started running mid February and graduated mid April from couch to 5K. Not bothered at the time just glad to have got to 10K. Would never have believed it. Thanks for all the posts and positivity- it really helps ☺️

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Fab! Well done 🏆

1 like

Wonderful! That’s such a progression in 3 months

1 like

Excellent work. First one is the sweetest. Or maybe sweatyest in this weather hebe

1 like

Was a bit 😕

Well done!

1 like

Very well done.

Yes belief.👍Good mantra.

Onwards and upwards.🌟👏👏

1 like

Woo hoo! So glad everything aligned for you and you got the good run 😀

1 like

Time is really good for your 1st 10k. Well done 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️👍💪

1 like

Brilliant!! Hope you get a badge!!

1 like

Well done Clare - a great achievement.

1 like

Clare that is amazing. You have really smashed it. Make sure you give your legs a good rest and don’t forget to rehydrate! (Unless it’s another barbie, then rehydrate later 😉). X

1 like

Have not stopped drinking (water☺️). Going out for slow evening walk to try and prevent stiffness and then it’s feet up with a cup of tea!

2 likes

Wow, well done, and an excellent time too x

1 like

Thanks. I put all thoughts of times and comparing with others to one side. Went out and did my own thing and went the distance. So very pleased.

1 like

So you should be! X

1 like

Good for you. Glad you didn’t worry about anyone else and just ran for you. Well done 👍

1 like

Awesome work!! 😁

1 like

Very well done.

1 like

You may also like...