Graduated - Yay, did my first 10K: At last, I... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
10,350 members β€’ 13,886 posts

Graduated - Yay, did my first 10K

TedG
TedGGraduate10
β€’55 Replies

At last, I’ve got there πŸ˜…

New route, new mindset and off I went. Did the first 5K comfortably and thought β€˜Yes, I’m up for this’

Having to stop twice to cross the A40 at lights was a pain but had to be done as I ran out of cycle path one side πŸ™

I started to struggle at 8K and had to dig in at 9K but I got there 😊

Going to consolidate the 10K before HM training......best to feel comfortable at 10K first me thinks πŸ€”πŸ˜Š

All that remains is for Floss to give me my bit of bling πŸ†

Happy Running all πŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

55 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
O505k
O505kGraduate10

Well done. Great achievement.

Bluebirdrunner
BluebirdrunnerGraduate10

Whoo hoo...That's fab Ted. SO pleased for you. Congratulations on a great achievement..

Yes, it's a long way isn't itπŸ˜†...and you have done it in a good time too!

I'm on Badge duty this month..so I will be honoured to award you your 10k Badge😊

You have to ask for it here though...

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

ChrisAllen1
ChrisAllen1Graduate10

Absolutely brilliant Ted, well done, well deserved and a great time. πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to ChrisAllen1

Thanks Chris, can’t say I particularly enjoyed the last 2K but a great feeling when you finish πŸ˜€

ChrisAllen1
ChrisAllen1Graduate10

It is indeed.

BrianUK
BrianUKGraduate10

Wow and a great time too. Well done!!

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to BrianUK

Thanks Brian 😊

pinkaardvark
pinkaardvarkGraduate10

Another magic runner!! w000t!! Well done.. feels great doesn't it and a quick time to boot :)

You also ran it in exactly(to the second) the same time as I did my first one last week. How random.. so you must have been quick :)

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to pinkaardvark

Thanks Pink, same time? That is a coincidence.....great minds and all that 😊

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to pinkaardvark

Just checked your run, your ave was better as you ran a tiny bit further....10.01k....you win 😜

pinkaardvark
pinkaardvarkGraduate10
in reply to TedG

I'm sure you win.. I'm only 42

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to pinkaardvark

πŸ‘πŸ€—

GaryB1966
GaryB1966Graduate10

Well done!

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to GaryB1966

Thanks Gary 😊

MikeJones68
MikeJones68Graduate10

Well done, Ted. You beat me to it! I've still not managed to get time to do more than a couple of 7k runs since I did the 8k the other weekend. Maybe this weekend.........

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to MikeJones68

Thanks Mike, benefits of being semi-retired.....not sure if I’d do it if I was working FT.

Go for it this weekend. I jumped from 8 to 10k, had to dig in last km but what a feeling after 😊

PashleyPedaller
PashleyPedallerGraduate10

Whoohoo! Oh wow, that’s fantastic, Ted - and just look at your time too! There’s no stopping you now ... you’ll soon be clocking up that half-marathon at this rate. Congratulations and enjoy it up there on the 10k podium; you’ve earned it! x

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to PashleyPedaller

Thanks Angela, feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment 😊

How are you doing? X

HeleneCorsa
HeleneCorsaGraduate10

Well done Ted, you've cracked it! I knew you would... Congratulations on a great run and a good time.

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to HeleneCorsa

Thanks Helene, appreciated 😊

Ajs07
Ajs07Graduate10

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» massive well done xx it’s such an achievement xx

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Ajs07

Thanks AJ, appreciated 😊

Well done Ted, great run, lovely badge too!

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Millsie-J

Thanks Millsie, yeah, I think the badge suits me πŸ€—

Fishypieface
FishypiefaceGraduate10

Well done me dear that’s fantastic news!’ Bet you are well chuffed and rightly so.😊

TedG
TedGGraduate10

Thanks FPF. Yes, You could say I’m a bit Chuffed πŸš‚πŸ˜Š

Wizziewood
WizziewoodGraduate10

Brilliant! ... a great achievement, well done you!

Keep up the good work, happy running!

Well done.....isnt that last 1k a killer.....feels more like another 3k 😁

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Lulu64

Tell me about it lulu 😰

Clairecandothis
ClairecandothisGraduate10

Wow! Inspiring πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸ˜Š congratulations x

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Clairecandothis

Thank you Claire.

4 months ago I couldn’t run to catch a bus. If someone told me then I’d be running 6 miles, I’d have laughed......if I can do it, so can you 😊 πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Clairecandothis
ClairecandothisGraduate10
in reply to TedG

It's amazing isn't it?! 4 months wow. I've made so much progress since week 1 that I forget it's only been less than 2 months and I can run! I look forward to 5k then 10k 😊😊

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate10

That's fantastic Ted. Brilliant pace too πŸ‘

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Cornet-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn, I did about the same pace as your graduation run 😊

Cornet-Carolyn
Cornet-CarolynGraduate10
in reply to TedG

Definitely a good pace then πŸ˜‚

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Cornet-Carolyn

πŸ€ͺπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Jancanrun
JancanrunGraduate10

Missed this earlier... Very well done fellow 10ker - looking forward to seeing that new bling sparkle - oh funny that - it already is - I must have been blinded by it. Congratulations

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Jancanrun

Haha, thank you Jan 😊 10K race on the 3rd March..... looking forward to it πŸ€—

Jancanrun
JancanrunGraduate10
in reply to TedG

Good luck with that - but I am sure you will be fine, because you are a 10k graduate already!!!

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10

Congratulations TedG and an impressive time too 😊

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to EmmaRunning

Thanks Emma, a lot are referring to the time. I would’ve been happy with a 1’12” but I went a tad quick early on and paid the price the final 2K, which was hard and not very enjoyable.

I thought I’d found my threshold pace but legs were telling me otherwise πŸ™„πŸ˜Š

Are you doing the Bridge to 10K?

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10
in reply to TedG

Yes I am. I signed up to what I thought was a local 5k fun run to support my sister in law and it turns out it’s actually a 10K for charity. So the pressures on! It’s in May so I have time. But I’ve only ever continuously ran 5k on a treadmill. I find outdoor running harder. Whining aside I’m looking forward to it as it will keep me focused and should improve my fitness etc. I just want to make a credible stab at it.

TedG
TedGGraduate10

I suggest you do a couple more treadmill runs setting a 2deg gradient, that mimicks a road run.

I find the treadmill boring, you’ve got the distance staring you in the face and I personally sweat buckets.

You really need to venture out, with the mindset that you’re lapping everyone on the sofa. You still have time to do Ju-Jus 6 week plan....and even do some repeaters if you need them!

I’m 69 and graduated C25K in Dec, if I can do it so can you so get out there a and show β€˜em girl πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Good luck and please put some posts up, I’m watching you πŸ€—x

EmmaRunning
EmmaRunningGraduate10

Amazing! Thanks so much Ted. I’ll try not to let you down😁

Sweatyfaced
SweatyfacedGraduate10

Well done!! You have inspired me!

I have taken a day off work today especially to get out and finally run 10k, I am just reaching for my running gear...

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Sweatyfaced

Thank you, go for it. If an old fart can do it, so can you πŸ€—

Sweatyfaced
SweatyfacedGraduate10
in reply to TedG

I just did! Not as quick as you 10.17k in 1hr 12 but I wanted sub 1hr 15 so I am happy with that! Sadly my fitbit failed to map so I don't have splits but I did it so that's the main thing!! Thanks for spurring me on!! Xxx

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Sweatyfaced

Well done SF, go collect your well earned badge πŸ€—

Time is irrelevant really, just want to do the distance πŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Pm3eak
Pm3eakGraduate10

Well done Ted: a great achievement...and a cracking pace too!

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Pm3eak

Thanks Pm, appreciated 😊

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate10

Woohoo, great job!πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ. A 10k is a wonderful distance to have in your running toolbox It opens up a whole new world of running!

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to misswobble

Thank you misswobble, I’m going to consolidate the 10K for 2/3 weeks before going into HM training.....doing the GNR in Sept. πŸ€—

I will be looking for sponsorship, I missed out on the ballot, so am I permitted to post my giving page at some point? 😊

Sadie-runs
Sadie-runsGraduate10

Impressive! You have made amazing progress, Ted! x

TedG
TedGGraduate10
in reply to Sadie-runs

Thank you Sadie. I couldn’t have done it without your and others encouragement πŸ€—

You may also like...