Bridge to 10K
5,384 members5,928 posts

10k at last!

10k at last!

Just back from my first 10k run, many thanks to ju-ju for her training programme! Felt really doubtful at first that I could manage it, but realised it was the old mind playing tricks again. Was running into a strong wind all the way out which was tough but it helped on the way back. Kept a very slow pace with short steps (think it’s called niko niko pace) which really helped me control my breathing.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow that's amazing! And i get to be first to congratulate you :)

Looking forward to joining you in another 5 weeks time :)

1 like

Congratulations Limawhite...a fantastic acheivement 😊... and lovely sea views to keep you going?

Well done and I note you have called this run your 'first 10k run', the first of more to come...have a few days rest first though eh?😆😉...

Ju ju's program is great fun isn't it...😊x

2 likes

Yes, it’s a marvellous 10k route, very popular with runners and with a very lovely castle and ruined priory which just happens to be at my half way turnaround point! Not so good in a howling easterly, of course.

1 like

Congratulations!! I did it yesterday with the same doubts to start with, but ju-ju's plan is magic!! Let's hope it's the first of many for us both!!🏃😀

3 likes

Congratulations to you too siobhp😊xx Well done on your fantastic acheivement...

2 likes

Thank you! Still can't believe it is really me doing any running at all.....!😀

1 like

Well done siobhp as well. I bet you are as chuffed as I am! It’s a great feeling to have reached that milestone.

1 like

This is really fantastic, well done 😎

Woohoo that absolutely fantastic, a huge well done 👏🍾

You may also like...