Meds thinking of trying quite life or rescue flower remedy ( but only as a last resort )

Ok just want to ask do any of you take meds I do not at the moment I hope that I can cope without them I'm a little paranoid the thought of it scares me to be frank I was given quite life and flower remedy has any one tried this and found them good or not last thing I want is to feel of my head at the moment in fact I can't drink I feel awful when I do

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I tried rescue remedy, I didn't find it any good, am on citalopram and works good for me xxx

• Ok thanks x be happy x

• Don't rule out the medication, will help get you back on track x

• Will they make me feel strange

• Hi Bigguy

i am like you & have a fear of meds but I think I am my own worse enemy on that one

Just like perscrition meds , same with herbal , can be trial & error ,,,,what works for one may not work for another

Everyone has there own views on this with their own experiences , if you want to try herbal , your local herbal shop would be a good place to ask what is good ,they should point you in the right direction

If that doesnt work you could give it some thought about perscription meds , lots on here do take them & feel so much better for doing so

Let us no what you choose to do if any , people will support you on here with your fears so keep that thought as a positive , you wont be on your own if you do try something

Love

whywhy

xxx

• I've posted this before but hope it might help.

when I was well I was so laid back I was coming round the other way! The last thing I thought I'd need were anti-depressants.

My gp told me I wasn't a diabetic.

He then asked if I were would I take Insulin? I said yes.

Well, he said, you are lacking another body chemical, an imbalance; will you take a supplement?

When I agreed he told me it was an anti-depressant because of low seratonin levels.

What a genious! put that way it made such sense. it still does.

please don't be put off by old beliefs, they can help. it is not weakness,

regards, sandra

• im on propranolol 80mg a day and i find it works really well better than taking no medication at all and isnt mind altering like antidepressants

• Well thanks to all. my RMN said that she feels I'm coping without so if this mild then flip I hope your not feeling any worse than me but I do seem to be breathing threw the panic attacks but have had a few this week and we see how I am in 2 weeks if she felt I needed meds she would have done so she think I'm better doing it my self at this moment . as I type on here I just want to get better and if I do I will not just walk away I will come on here and help others as I think this does help loads thanks and my name is Stuart with a wonderful wife 3 kids who I love very much

Thanks again

• I will bare that in mind if I need them thanks

You may also like...