Some advice?

Hi just a quick question.

I see my councillor on Wednesday. I have been seeing him for about 2years every 4/5 weeks. I don't feel this is enough at the moment and is having a big set back. I've heard cbt is very helpful from others? Or see him every 2 weeks or every week but I know this isn't possible as he is only I'm my doc surgery 2 half days a week. Has anyone got any suggestions of what i should do. I can't cope with anything at the moment get really stressed out and have a panic attack. Dont have many people to talk to just now.Just wondering what the best way about it is to go. Do I have to go back to doctor to request to see my councillor more or be referred for cbt? Or just tell my councillor ?


Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.


Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

  • I would go back to your doctor, tell him how you feel an dthat you need to see counsellor more often. I see mine every week and by the 6th day I am really ready toe see him again.My counsellor does CBT and I find his strategies to cope with anxiety really helpful. Good luck.

  • Hi

    I agree , I would tell them both how you feel

    Let us no how you go on , I do hope they will see you once a week if not ask GP what else they can offer as you need more

    whywhy xxx

  • As Jeffju says ask if you can see them more often. If not maybe try researching a bit to help yourself in your own time? Just reading about cbt made it seem more clearer for me.

  • I would echo what others have said about telling both your GP and your counsellor that you are struggling at the moment and feel you need more regular support/counselling. There are various books available on CBT as well as information on the Net, so a Net search and a visit to Amazon or other good book-seller might be fruitful if you have the money to spare for books.

    I have found some CBT techniques useful, but sometimes when I get really stressed nothing seems to help. It's definitely worth pursuing though as it would seem to help a lot of people.

    I also know how easy it is to beat yourself up for struggling to cope and feeling that you're the only person who feels so dreadful. Not much consolation I know, but you are NOT alone xxx

  • Tell your doc that the councillor isnt helping and ask to be referred to a cpn who will help you better than a councillor

You may also like...