Someone please help me.. I don't know what... - Anxiety Support

Anxiety Support

48,243 members47,674 posts

Someone please help me.. I don't know what to do

Elizabeth04 profile image

I've been to the ER multiple times before to check out my heart when I was having panic attacks, but lately my chest has been hurting SO bad

I'm 26.. no risk factors.

I can't barely type this my chest hurts so bad. I think i have a ulcer or something.

Idk I'm so scared, I don't want to die oir a heart attack or something. Should I go to the hospital

7 Replies

Hi Elizabeth04, First of all try to calm your emotions down and breathe deeply and slowly. You are just recently off Klonopin, am I correct? Have you started Buspar? Or are you on nothing right now. Depending where the pain is coming from, it could be GERDS/Acid Relux will hurt badly but so will Chest wall muscle and tightness which can be more wide spread. Your 26, have no risk factors and looking back through the last several months, it looks like chest pain on the left side has come up before.

Let us know how you are doing right now and describe the pain. You know that calling your doctor is always the right thing to do since he knows your medical history. x

Elizabeth04 profile image
Elizabeth04 in reply to Agora1

Thank you Agora. Yes I'm off Klonopin.. only of I absolutely have to take it then i can. I'm not taking the Buspar. I went to the doctor about 3 days ago telling him about this pain. He said it's hard to tell whether it's gerds or chest wall.. or both.

He said since I've had my heart checked, try not to worry about that. It hurts really bad in the center of my chest also in the middle upper part of my abdomen

He prescribed me carafate to take 4 times a day, I've been on it for 3 days but I'm not sure if I've felt it work yet. Also flexiril to see if its 'chest muscle

I know carafate is for ulcers... So maybe that's what he's leaning towards. What ever it Is, it is very very painful ☹

Agora1 profile image
Agora1 in reply to Elizabeth04

I was wondering why you mentioned Ulcers but I see there seems to be some doubt as to where it is coming from according to the medication he gave you.

Yes Flexeril is a good drug for the chest wall pain. A lot of people with Fibromyalgia (like myself) have been on it and it helps some. Since it's the center of your chest and upper middle part of your abdomen, it does seem more likely to be related to GERDS/ULCER If it is stomach related, watching what you eat and drink is important in reducing the acid build up. Your doctor is the best judge of what is best for you. Keep after him if the pain is intolerable...There should be something he can do to alleviate the discomfort. I'm so sorry. x

Ive had strange chest pain over the years. I go to a chiropractor. My ribs go out from stress and Im a side sleeper. One adjustment and I'm fine. I have an old fashioned hot water bottle that seems to do wonders for these kinds of pains. Man if I could only reassure you, that everything is going to be just fine!

When I had a chest xray awhile back they had said I have old rib fractures with no chance of healing without surgical intervention. I had heart surgery when I was a baby and they entered through my ribs so I'm assuming it's from that.

But anyways I think the rib pain may be wrapping around to the front at my sternum

Agora1 profile image
Agora1 in reply to Elizabeth04

Elizabeth04, I didn't know about the surgery you had as a baby. It could possibly be from that (maybe even scar tissue) causing pain due to it pressing on the nerves in the chest wall. I would use surgical intervention as a last resort. There may be other ways to reduce or eliminate your pain. x

Elizabeth04 profile image
Elizabeth04 in reply to Agora1

Thanks so much Agora 💜💜

You may also like...