A week off now

I haven't been to work since Monday where I had a really bad episode.

I have taken the rest of the week off to rest my body and not consume any alcohol. I seem to be getting better. I have tiny panic attacks here and there but I can control them and they only last a few minutes.

I have to go back to work on Monday and I'm really trying to stay positive. Fingers crossed I am fine on Monday

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You will do great! You got this!

• Well how did Monday go for you?

• I tried to stay positive and calm. It went okayish. I had a few episodes where I felt like I "wasn't there" but they passed. I kept eating a piece of chocolate every time I felt weak. I've been doing that all week. I think I've put on a lot of weight because of it. Mid week I had a bad episode at work but I worked through it. I don't know what I'm going to do 😞

• Have you tried anything else?

• I've tried exercising everyday and I've stopped drinking alcohol. I used to go out a lot and drink with friends. My mum thinks I have anxiety because of my "alcohol abuse" and weight gain. I don't want to go on meds , I don't want to be taking them for the rest of my life.

• I don't use meds either i don't trust them, maybe you are on the right path but it will take a bit of time for you to get used to what you are doing now.

You may also like...