Is this social or general anxiety

I have been reading up on the different type of anxiety. Well I think I have social anxiety. I don't want to be around people,other than my immediate family, I have not been out on my own for over a week now, and that was only cos I had to. I have been signed of work until tomorrow but feel I can't go back to work cos I work with the public on a busy checkout. I have a telephone consultation with my doctor tomorrow i have been taking citalopram 10 mg for 3 weeks now and also diazepam to take as and when it all getting to much. I'm not sure where these feeling started but it has been building up over a period of time, I also have a few health issue aswell and a couple,of the are Embracing which I don't think helps me either. I just don't no what to do, force my self to go out or take it one day at a time......feeling very low any advise please.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi hope this helps.i had the same symtoms as u. I started to take baby steps and pushed myself at my own pace if u can find what sets it of that can do wonders sometimes.if u trust ur family even if u take a walk to the end of garden.etc that can help.listening to calm music or any music and jumping about helped me😃.hope u ar good soon.x

• Thank you for your reply any advise helps.....

• Hi Sjdard. I am going through the same thing. I have agarophobia, and I am seeing a psychiatrist and psychologist they are helping me to cope. You have to take baby steps. You are not the only one dealing with this issue. I have been dealing with this for 3 years now, and I had to stop working. I have agarophobia along with other problems. I was prescribed Lexapro.

• Thank you for your reply, glad your getting help, hopefully I can get some to, that what evebody keep telling me small steps. I'm going to try and go for a walk tomorrow as I've got a parcel to post and see how I am with that, and then take it from there

• Yes that will be good, but keep in mind, it's important not to just jump into doing things, that could cause flooding, as my therapist mentioned.

• social anxiety from all you have said .

• I'm what's called a wallflower lol I hate people but I find the flaws in society are amusing. But I have been trying to leave the house more lately and try to make friends

You may also like...