Anxiety spikes?

I keep having this sudden rush of fear, it only lasts like 5 seconds but in those 5 seconds I feel breathless and just out of whack. I can feel my body like tense up and I kind of gasp for air. It's setting my health anxiety off cos I don't understand it. I don't feel anxious when it happens. It does feel like anxiety the more I think about it but why does it crop up when I'm feeling okay?! Urgghhhhhh frustrating 

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You sound like you need to relax . Do something to keep your mind off thing's. Have you tried the breathing into a paper bag. Hope you feel better soon I do know hoe your feeling and it sucks.

• Mine tends to creep up only because my thoughts start to drift towards that fear of having a panic attack.  It's seems funny writing it down to me now, that I'm panicking about panicking. 

• I get like this all the time it's so scary feels like I'm dying!

• Yep that's the worst part of it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is only a sensation brought on by my thoughts.

• It just makes me panic afterwards thinking 'have I just had some kind of seizure of stroke etc?!' Now I'm fine I can look back and know it's anxiety but for those couple of days afterwards I'm inconsolable! 

You may also like...