New member,

Hi

Feeling pretty poor for a week now, low energy levels, waking too early which in turn is making me feel lifeless and tired, currently have tight chest with intermittent arm/shoulder spasms, i went to see my Dr Tuesday this week, still feeling just as poir now, making me want to see another Dr next week, have no medication other than a anti_inflamitory for my shoulder, not sure theres any point in that mind, as my Dr gave me a data sheet with book titles to read on health anxiety.. :(

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Anthony. First of all welcome to our group. I know that you will find understanding and support from the people on here and I hope that you will also find some answers to your questions :-)

Books...really? Ok to some extent I can go along with that as a distraction technique. But it would not be the first thing I would recommend as there is already so much information out there on all the anxieties and related issues.

I am not clear as to how long you have had anxiety disorder and what treatments you may have had. I see that you currently dont take medication and I am assuming that you are not in any therapy.

It seems to me that maybe your doctor does not really have a proper idea of your situation - sometimes we find doctors a bit scary and we dont say all the things we should say. So it might be useful for you to attend the next appointment you mentioned and give a detailed description of what you are suffering.

It might be that you will need to have a proper full physical examination to rule out any physical causes of your illness. From your description it does sound very much like more of a psychological illness, but that does not make it any less important.

That is about all I can contribute at the moment based on your post. I hope that you attend the appointment and et the p[roper diagnosis and any treatment you might need.

Karl

• Karl great reply how do you find and manage to say the right stuff!

• Thank you for your very kind and generous comment :-) Everyone on here says the right things - it is just that kind of place :-)

• Read the books , you are armed with knowledge which is good! I love Dr Claire weeks ( a tad old fashioned) but I use it all the time ! You have done right going to the dr and we in the site are all here too your not alone !

• Thanks, i welcome all the feedback and help, i I'm terribly paranoid its a heart attack going on all the time, particularly when im trying to carry out my daily tasks and feeling more breathless than i think normal?

You may also like...