Help! Please :(

Hi all new to anxiety forum. I have anxiety disorder and recovering from anorexia.

I am looking for some advice /support/anything! as I've no one to ask.

I'm having a really tough time with anxiety right now and while I've a really good therapist etc for the anorexia (one feeds off the other)- I am in bits at the moment.

Basically I feel I'm missing heartbeats. The last couple of days it's like every 12th beat or so is missing. I get really fast palpitations when high anxiety but also low heart rate too. I had an ecg done 2 weeks ago and it was perfect apparently.but this irregular thing is making me feel weak (or is it the anxiety). I've also had like a cold coming on for days but I'm not actually getting it. I'm just in a state. I lost a childhood friend 10days ago and my grandmother in law yesterday.

I feel I can't go out and am terrified of something being wrong. Please help of you can. I'm in such a state. If I could cry I would.

Thank u :(

11 Replies

• Anyone ? :(

• Sorry I see you already had an ecg done. I have the same problem with palpatations, fast, and slow heart rate. Every time I go to the doc they say I'm fine though so I do my best to believe what the doc said. Are you on any medication, do you exercise?

• Thanks so much for the reply. I don't do much exercise as I'm recovering from anorexia and not allowed to. Would exercise make a difference?

• They say exercise helps with anxiety and yes it will help make your heart healthier.

• Yes exercise can help all sorts of conditions, it's very clever how it works. Give it a go of you are able.

• I went for a walk today to help ease my anxiety but it made it worse. I got a little over a mile in though. Hopefully with time I'll be able to exercise without worry. I used to play basketball almost every day while having asthma and being a smoker, doing anything with generalized anxiety disorder has me scared shitless.

• Oh I know. Anxiety disorder turns everything into a battle. Sorry ur walk didn't work as planned. But tomorrow is a new day.

• I feel like my heart skips a beat every so too. It beats really hard and fast sometimes out of nowhere. I'll be sitting down watching tv and it will happen. I think you should have an ekg done to see if there's something really wrong with your heart. I know it's hard to deal with but be strong you'll get through this.

• Palpitations / skipped beats are not dangerous and if they were it would have showed on your tests , so except them for what they!!they are your heart just doing its job maybe just getting excited every now and then but 'so what' ;-) ;-) yes I have heard walking is good for the skipped beats (I'm not sure why) but walking is good for heart/body and mind so yes a nice walk would do you good :-)

• Thanks whizz. Just having a VERY tough time at the moment. Anxiety is sky rocketing the last week or so and a friend died and then a relative in the space of a week. I've a health phobia and have a cold at the moment so that's not helping either. :( thanks so much tho. Keep the advice coming :/ I cud do with some positivity right now.

• Thank u all for your kind replies. Unfortunately i seem to have a horrible cold now and totally miserable with it on top of everything else:(. Feeling very sorry for myself!

You may also like...