Anxiety please help!

I've recently been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and I feel completely alone. No one I know understands what I'm going through I hurt 24/7 I've had a muscle spasm for 4 days now after I got pumped with medicine from the hospital because I couldn't sleep for two days. Has anyone else experienced muscle spasms from this? I just don't know what to do anymore I google every new symptom and I think I'm constantly dying because that's honestly how I feel.

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I had the same everyday since 2009 with my arm aching and pins and needles, your not alone I wished my family understood but they don't they see it as attention seeking

Every little symptoms I have I always google and trust me its not the best thing to do because it makes you panic I'm always here if you need someone to chat to

• Totally agree , having health anxiety sucks ..well anxiety in general sucks lol but I do the same thing.

• My family and friends think I can just turn it off and on and it's frustrating having no one to talk to. I had my first panic attack about three months ago and it started with my arm, neck and chest hurting so I went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack and they ran complete blood tests and checked my heart and told me I was having an anxiety attack and asked if I was stressed out but I wasn't. I went to my normal doctor because I started getting new symptoms such as hurting below my left rib cage heart fluttering as I explained it and heart burn and he told me I had bad anxiety. The new symptoms came and went and I googled every thing that kept telling me I had tumors, cancer and everything else. Thank you so much for responding it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one getting pains with this.

• When I find I had mine I had a really bad bad pain in side of my head and was all dizzy and shacking and couldn't sleep so went to a&e they said you got anxitey but nothing could get it under control I couldn't didn't eat for 3 weeks and lost just under 5'stone kept passing as well I had every test and it all come fine but that still don't put my mind at rest and I know that's selfish of me x

• I had head pain too! My head felt heavy and they done a ct scan just to make sure nothing was wrong and they told me that my results were perfect. I've have complete blood work done twice a ct scan and they said I was fine. I still think something's wrong with every little pain or change in something I just think I have something wrong with me constantly. Anxiety is the worst pain I've ever dealt with and you can get pain anywhere at anytime and I never knew that.

• Sometimes I gets to the stage were I don't want to go out just incase attack comes on, its the worse pain I've ever experienced, I feel like I will never live a normal life with it

Just scares the life out of me I get married I may and thinking what happens if it all comes on at the wedding 😢 x

• Yep I've been there. Looked up online , various things & endless clinic visits ..etc. I wish there was an off switch for anxiety. We'll be able to manage :)) we have to learn how to relax

• I know about the anxiety, I do. It's rough, but you'll manage. I know it's easier said than done now but it's true. For now , you probably 24/7 are on edge ..panicky .do you have a counselor to talk with? That's a method i have for myself , she's nice plus has anxiety herself.

I know of having trouble sleeping sometimes or even relaxing. But...what you also mentioned, what was given to you? If you don't mind me asking ..

• They gave me paxil the first time and it made me so sick I couldn't take it two days ago they prescribed me .25 Xanax that seemed to help me sleep better. Last night was the first time I took it.

• Oh ok ok. Never knew Paxil was for anxiety. Well Xanax seems to be fine. Glad you got some sleep finally :))

• I wouldn't recommend paxil for anyone lol it was the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life.

• Dear Jess5291,

You are not alone.

I am sorry to read that you are suffering with muscle spasms.

This site is great for support.

warmest regards,

Marcus

• Jess5291

I'm going through the same things -Plus. Afraid of, and attach danger to every little pain, I also have soooo much fear, I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to get around, because I have RA and then I won't be able to do the things I have to do, like take care of my Sons Home,and my Grandchildren, and our pets. Puts me into terrible panic attacks. The last month or so been waking up at 2 or 3 AM in panic attacks. I go to sleep to music and if I wake in the middle of the nite have to click it back on cause my mind starts in right away. Am also an agoraphobic so I can't go out anywhere much :( so its hard to escape, or get my mind busy doing fun things. If you find the answer, anyone, please give me some tips. I take Xanax .5 two or three times a day. And cry a lot. I'm alone most of the time, I'm a widow, hard to find friends when you can't go places. Good Luck

You may also like...