Anxious all the time lately

I have a tummy infection and now I am anxious about the antibiotic I am using as it is causing me nausea and this feeling of nausea triggers my anxiety a lot. In fact any feeling of pain, etc makes me think that I am dying. It even took me a week before using the medication given to me, I was contemplating for a long while.

Someone, anyone , please advise or just help me put my mind at ease and tell me I am not dying any time soon. I am a 33 year old female...

Thank you

6 Replies

• How can anybody on this earth tell you your not going to die soon :D We will die when our time comes, thats life. Try and enjoy each moment as life is precious, take your Tablets and get well soon. xx

• This sounds so like me... I just had a throat infection and did the exact same thing and thought something was wrong and I could die but I few days later and im fine and finished the antibiotics.

The doctor wouldn't give them to you if they were to harm you.

Good luck

• Hi, I feel the same on taking antibiotics, I hate the side effects, but unfortunately to get better we have to take them. You will be fine. xx

• Thanks everyone for the replies...this morning I had to read up symptoms and diseases, which wasn't very wise especially before taking those dreaded meds, but hey, at least I am still alive lol...Thank God...I just have a very hard time accepting the unknown called death I suppose, it hasn't been easy. Anyways, that's totally correct, we're all dying anyways so why waste life on thinking about when, where and how, right ? Btw I think I am dying in this month :)

• Hey Lady,

Could you brief about your tummy infection a bit more ?

Is it outside or inside ? How exactly it happened ?

based on your statement above I feel you are a bit Passive ...thinking a bit more for everything .Try to be free and engage yourself in other activities or go for a holiday trip to divert attention.

Don't concentrate your mind to the tummy infection as I never heard of people died wit Tummy infection :-)

Warm up Lady and enjoy your life..

• Hi, Prods

Its an internal infection and my esophagus is infected too, more like an acid reflux thing... but it seems the medication is working. That only means one thing, that I will come up with another concern... I go as far as thinking that because I slept for like 2 or 3 hours a night on some nights, that this could possibly cause me dying as well. I read it somewhere and I shouldn't have done that. Its like I feel that if I read up things, the more knowledge I have, the better, but this just exacerbates the scenarios my mind conjures up...

I'm really just looking for things to be anxious about and I am surprised I had zero panic attacks for 3 days...

Thank you for the positive reply :) it helped somewhat and also knowing there are others like me out there, well maybe just not as crazy lol

You may also like...