Really scared :(

Okay I was doing fine great actually then I started getting this itchy pain on my Achilles' tendon area just randomly not constant and I look at it and right on the spot I see that I have a "bruise" like discoloration "green" I'm very careful about not getting bruises and especially around the legs. So I know that I indeed did not get hurt :(

Is it a blood clot I'm sorry it's just I'm scared.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I certainly would not worry now. But just for peace of mind, get your GP to take a look.

Some years ago, (Oh god I just realised, I'm just the sort of person that demon anxiety looks for!) I had this huge bulge come up on the left side of my head. Tightness and pain. I straight away though dying, stroke, although I was not having actual panic attacks then. So I probably had the beginnings of one. Luckily it was day time, so I went down to the docs straight away. I appeared pretty tense to reception, so they got me in quick. The doc looked at me and laughed and said, "ohh you have one of those...blah, blah, blah, (I forget) I hope it's not worrying you"! He told me it was just my saliva gland blocked and it would go down in a few hours. Sent me for an ultrasound, other tests, but of course, by the time I got in to do the tests, the thing was well and truly gone.

It comes back every few years, but it doesn't scare me anymore, because I know what it is. It's just an annoyance, that's all. Just what this anxiety is.

I wish that result for you.

• Hi frekks,

Thank you for your reply, I don't have easy access for my doctor :(

Oh wow that must of been a good scare, I'm glad everything turned out for the best :)

Hopefully it's nothing every now and then it stings, and only were the bruise is I touch it right now I don't know if it was the spot I touch or my finger I used to press down that caused a popping sound scared me bad.

I'm a hypochondriac so imagine this thing, :(.

Had a bad day and my anxiety depression is on over drive :(

Thank you again

Hugs

Yaz

• Yaz, I think you'll be ok. I'm mostly ok, but anxiety sure is still on over-drive too. Can't shake it, but I'm working on it. Even on good days like today, there's still some nervous tension there. I went for a good walk today. Slow, practised belly breathing, slowed my breathing rate, that helps to calm and it does work.

Peter.

• Are you on any medication ? I am and I have found the slightest thing causes me to bruise now . My go said it can be a comon side effect of meds xx

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not on a med on a daily base just when needed and it omeprazole :(

It hurts/stings on it own, is because where it's at it's constant movement?

Do yours hurt without touching them??

I haven't been drinking as much liquids as I should :( that's the only other thing I can think of

Yaz

• I think it is probably nothing but might be as well to get it checked out just to put your mind at rest.

MR

You may also like...