Woke up feeling nervous

I couldn't sleep last night it was about 3 am when I went to bed and I was so scared cause I was thinking I was going to have a heart attack. This morning I woke up and I feel something inside me that I literally feel makes me jolt I hear the sound of me jolting if that makes any sense. Right away I want to go online and look up symptoms cause I'm sooo scared:( feeling nervous kinda shaky it's the most horrible feeling ever. Everyday it's something different today I feel like my left arm hurts off and on. I don't know what to do.. Has anyone felt this way?

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi Terri!

Yes i felt like that on Friday my left arm and neck had this pressure feeling for a couple of hours and when I would inhale I would feel my heart area vibrate.

Lately I found that cleaning really distracts me from the anxiety.

I put all my attention just trying to get grime out of the appliance or floor and I forget about the pain then I go back to "normal".

Don't look up the symptoms.

Try something distracting and put your mind into it.

Are you opposed to taking pain relievers?

Hugs hope you feel better

Yaz

• Hi Yaz, I can agree with you when you said cleaning keeps you distracted I too clean to easy my mind.. Sometimes it will go away or sometimes my physical symptoms last all day long.. Your right I shouldn't google my symptoms cause then I find myself panicking even more:( thank you for your kind words

• Terri how many hours you sleep?. me i got only 6 or 7 and when a woke up its hard to get back of my sleep.. i always feel sleepy !. sometimes the feelins is hard to explain! more on we think of it.! that thinking give us headaches and give more anxiety!.

• JHero, I try and get at least 6 hrs of sleep but when I have anxiety it doesn't let me sleep.. Yes you're right I feel so sleepy and drained all I want to do is sleep and it makes me feel lazy like I have no energy at all.. I'll feel dizzy lightheaded it's Awful.. And I get tension headaches when I have anxiety at least that's what my dr told me..

• Agree with the cleaning as a good therapy but then it kinda turns into an OCD thing LOL, I will take a clean house over anxiety any day! That being said, I wake up most mornings with that shaky feeling. I take my pills and get out of bed, legs feeling kinda shaky as well and my hands on some days. I know what causes it for me but I do not know how to change my thinking pattern. I wake up saying to myself "are you going to be shaky today"? Then I shake. On those mornings when I get out of bed and "forget" to ask myself the question I am fine....go figure. The thinking has to change and I struggle to remember how I use to wake up in the past when I was happy and anxiety free. I have a stressful life, brought on by myself. I enable the people around me to take advantage of me because I'm to nice. I will do anything for anyone. This has been part of the problem, I simply had no time for myself! Now I tell people what they can do with their requests :) It's my life and I want it back and I am going to fight tooth and nail to have it. I have a ways to go but everyday I have to believe will be a better day.

You may also like...