Is it Anxiety or IBS?

I'm not sure what to think. I have had anxiety since I was a child, so I do know how I feel when I have it. But more recently I have had new things occur. I am overly gassy and constipated and feel just sick in general lately. And it is painful after I eat, which makes my anxiety rise. I'm not sure if it's just my health anxiety kicking in or if it is IBS at all.

5 Replies

• Hi Phannum x i to have had anxiety since a child, but more so in the last year to the point where I have lost control with it, I began to suffer with bloating and terrible constipation, i never have days where i am 100% x In the last few weeks i have noticed that i cannot eat the foods i used to love as it triggers terrible indigestion x it begins with a pain in my mid back which then crushes and spreads up over, then get heartburn and burp a lot xx its all anxiety related as i had an ecg to check and they can uncover past heart problems and i was clear of all x It all came down to the eating, basically what was happening was with my anxiety i was easting fast and gulping down a lot of air with it x and then it was triggering the indiegestion xx hope this helps xx Donver x

• Sounds like ibs to me.

I was doubled up in pain so bad once, I thought I was having heart atttack. Xx

• Hi

I get IBS & it does sound like it to me as well

See your GP , they can give you things to help with it

I no when I am anxious it is a lot worse than when I am calmer

Also it was advised that I made sure I ate slowly & chewed my food well

I do notice certain foods make it worse which took a while to work out which ones , but if you can take notice if that may be the same for you it could help

Let us no how you go on

• Hi

Its sounds like ibs to me too, I find mine is worse when I am stressed and that it can also be triggered by certain foods (mainly bread and greasy foods) or when I am run down. My doctor prescribed me mebeverine when I had my last bad attack which work well to stop the bloating and I also find probiotics help

Jules x

• Hi I get terrible bloating when I have been a passenger in a car. I find I am so tensed up my stomach gets so blown up. A paramedic recently told my Daughter that there is No IBS or Ulcerative Colitis and its now being treated as Ceoliacs disease due to Wheat intolerance . Although I have not heard or read that this is true. X

You may also like...