I am a new person here. I was wondering if anybody can help me. I had vertigo in July 2011 where I spent to months in bed because of it, I used to crawl the floor to the toilet as I was scared of the vertigo, due to this anxious behaviour I got high anxiety, With muscle tremors,rashes,dizzyness , itching ad feeling detached from my surroundings, this has gone on daily for nearly 2 years now. I have now started taking Citalopram 10mg for two weeks then 20mg, I am 9 days in and have now got restlessness along with the rest, Can anybody tell me if this will stop please

6 Replies

• Hi Bonnie, This should stop in a couple more weeks when the meds get right into your system, it usually takes a month or more for this to happen but everyone is different. Hang in there but if you are worried do see your doc they are there to help

• lancia

Thank you so much for your reply and encouragement I have nobody that I can talk to about this at home. i will hang in there.

Thank you very much

• You will be fine, give it a couple more weeks, read some books to get your mind off things

• Thank you very much for your support, I am going to stick with the meds for now and see what happens , have not took enough really to find out. I have received a book from amazon this morning that I ordered its called the secret, its all about how to live a better life.

I will start this today.

Thank you again

• SSRI's take 1 month + to level you out, , stay the cause my friend ,

hold on!

• thank you for your encouragement. I have not taking meds before for anxiety, do you have anxiety and take meds to help? .are you able to go out? I go for a short walk round the block everyday sometimes twice only started doing this recently, the first few times it was terrible .but it is getting a bit better each day, I was told a while ago that if you keep going it does get better and easier and it has.

You may also like...