In denial: I never thought I had... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
44,097 members45,776 posts

In denial

Crysharee
Crysharee

I never thought I had anxiety or depression until I'm older I've realized that every six months I'm feeling anixous and worried for no reason all the time and even when good things are going I'm still replaying my past picturing how I could have did things differntly. Which makes me put so much pressure on myself. I find myself making mistakes or mishaps and shaming myself until I feel like I've right the wrong "which is rarely" I'm the best motivational speaker but I find it difficult motivating myself to even get up and go to work. And idk it could be because I'm tired of living a mediocre life. Where the american dream is to go to school, get a job, have a family, pay your bills then die.

1 Reply
oldestnewest

It’s so true we think we can change the past by rewriting all of the experiences in our head. This happens because we allow our feelings of the past dictate our feelings of the present. It’s a trap, the past is just that, the past. We cannot rewrite that chapter, is printed already and it exists. All we need to do is write a new book..

You may also like...