Anxiety and Depression Support
23,969 members22,445 posts

Asking for help

I have mixed feelings about asking for help. In 2 weeks, I’ll have a doctor’s check up. I haven’t been diagnosed with depression and have always masked my feelings when the doctor had asked how I was doing.

Now, I feel like everything’s going downhill at such a rapid speed that if I don’t get help, I’ll probably end up dead.

But I’m too nervous and will probably have cold feet at the last minute. What should I do?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

You should tell the doctor exactly how you are feeling. Don't worry about what he thinks - he has seen and heard it all.

The first step is always the hardest. After you see the doctor, you will feel a huge wave of relief knowing that you're on the right track.

1 like

How do I start talking about it? I’m not good at just opening up :/

Start with describing your symptoms. He'll probably take it from there and ask you a series of questions. It's not like you're cramming for an exam. Just tell him how you feel.

2 likes

Ok, I will. Thanks for the advice

1 like

Please talk to your Dr. I had my first Dr appointment today to get help for my anxiety and depression. It was hard and stressful. But now i feel really to get started. I want my life back. I believe it will be worth it. I really hope you talk to your Dr. You need help. You don't have to do it alone. We all need help sometimes

1 like

Thanks, I’ll do my best

1 like

You may also like...