Anxiety and Depression Support
22,877 members20,976 posts

New here

Hi everyone

I am new here and just looking for others to share the journey and fears of living with anxiety. I have had ocd and anxiety disorders for my entire life. I have been very successful and been able to manage it fairly well.... but then every once in a while it breaks through and is borderline crippling. When this happens I feel hopeless, helpless and scared. It normally just comes out of the blue and then I just can’t get centered. It feels like I am not in my body and my mind is fuzzy. Can anyone relate?

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome here, you will find so much support. I sometimes have anxiety but it is being developed by my depression which is the hardest in my life.

Hope you can find solutions and feel better

2 likes

Yes. ‘disreality’ is the scariest thing ever. It feels like the whole world is about to explode. I am have been suffering for 3years and found this group over the weekend. This condition sucks.

Hi poetgirl. I am also new here and already love it. This forum is full of supportive, thoughtful, and intelligent people. I don't have any experience with depression, but have suffered with anxiety for years. I have also handled it (hidden it?) well for many years, but had horrible downward spirals on occasion that leave me wracked with fear. I get the fuzzy mind and even blurry vision when I have mini panic attacks that flood my body with toxins and then take 1-3 days to flush out. It is a horrible feeling. ☹️ Sometimes the downward spirals were caused by triggering events (a new job with a horrible boss) or my meds needing adjustment. I don't know if you can try to pinpoint your trigger, but I can tell you that you are NOT alone. Hang in there and be kind to yourself. ❤️

1 like

Interesting. MyMeanMind, could you share more about panic attacks flooding our bodies with toxins.

You may also like...