Anxiety and Depression Support
17,576 members13,970 posts

Obsessing, overthinking and crying over little mistakes?

It doesn't matter what I do, I always overthink it. I make a small mistake like forgetting something unimportant, it sticks to me for the rest of the day. I start shaking and crying feeling like I'm so forgetful and disorganised. It gets even worse when someone mentions it, or even shouts at me because of it. I don't know how to control it, my thoughts just focus on my one little mistake until I lose my mind thinking about it.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Yep that sounds about right. You’re not losing your mind. Might sound like a stupid insincere question but have you tried taking deep breaths or even stepping away from the situation if you can to try and take your mind of it? I know it can be hard, I get things stuck in my head or push them to one side and when I least expect it poof there it is in my minds eye, replaying over and over again.

1 like

Hey, I go there sometimes also. We are all human. Give yourself a hug, and glad you came here.

2 likes

In the 2nd grade, I got a "strike" on the board for not letting Alyssa play with me at recess. I was racing with the boys and didn't want her to get her white shoes dirty.

Safe to say I understand the feeling and would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions either. I will literally make myself feel sick from it too.

I live in anxiety and over-thinking. I'm there now. I've been meditating but I lost patience with it after 20 min. However, I believe I'm beginning to find a way out, but it's going to take time. I'm excited because I'm aware of how I feel these days. Even though it's so hard. I think I will see some improvement if I keep allowing myself to feel this and not hide. It will be a little better if I keep standing up to the anxiety and trying to the best thing to take care of myself. I hope there are others who know what I'm talking about.

1 like

Hi Leeofthemt, I understand exactly what you are saying. I do believe in meditation as well as deep breathing along with acceptance of anxiety. I would suggest you go to YouTube and type in 5 minute Audio Meditation/DeepBreathing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in how well just those few minutes can help calm both your mind and your body. the more times you listen to it over a period of time, the easier it will become for you to include meditation as part of your way out of anxiety. Wish you well x

You may also like...