Anxiety and Depression Support
21,954 members19,834 posts

Tears

I havent been able to stop crying. I am locked in my room all day to avoid people and avoid their angry tones. My family doesn't know how to deal with me, so I just stay in my room. Stuck. Crying. I feel like I can't get out of this feeling. Thats how I feel my life has become: tears. I used to be a happy person. I mean, I always suffered from anxiety and depression since I was diagnosed as a child. But I always was able to be the life of the party-even if I was faking it. But this past year I can't be like that anymore. I hate what my life has become. I feel like my anxiety is a brick wall I can't get past. I always thought I would be successful, a great teacher and be able to have my own place and live happily away from this environment I'm in. But instead I work hard, make very little money, I can't afford anything. I see people, happy all around me. And am literally stuck in this room and in my thoughts. I wish I could change. I wish all this could go away.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey Alana5, sounds like a difficult family situation. Are you seeing a therapist? If not I really think you could use some help. Anxiety and depression can make everything look really bad, and taking with a therapist can help you sort things out. Sounds like you've worked very, very hard to fight this alone for too long. We all have a breaking point. You seem like an intelligent person with some really great goals for your life. You can move through this and achieve your dreams. Best of luck.

1 like

Yea I have been seeing a therapist. And it's helpful, but after I go to the therapist I go home and I just feel trapped again. I know I will get through this, I just want it to happen soon

1 like

Hang in there.

You may also like...