I think this subject might interest some fellow warriors and some may plan to do it, so here is my experience.
Medically supervised water fasting was done in Arizona with intention to reverse or stop progression of cancer and reset microbiome.
My PSA doubling time without medication and supplements is 23-25 days. I stopped all supplements few days before and after one day preparation diet entered strict water only fast.
I was taking variety of supplements prior to the fast and had different treatments (that described in my profile) and for 9 months was doing 100grams IVC 2-3 times every week. By then, I was strictly Vegan for at least 10 months.
Evian water in glass bottles was used for water fasting to avoid any plastic or residues in filtered water. 3-4 liters of water was consumed daily. No other liquids besides pure water were consumed. Doctor did a good job supervising my water only fast.
I did weekly magnesium IVs to avoid cramps and on week number 4, I added 3 high doses (80grams) IVCs with intention to kill cancer by high doses of IVCs ….. “when it is weak” …..
After 28 days… I was extremely disappointed! My PSA doubling time was exactly (!) the same as before the fast when I did not take any supplements or medication. That was very stressful to take at the moment, so that was a big water only fast failure.
On a positive note, after re-feeding:
- My digestive system started working much better and I hope my microbiome improved also;
- Joints pain is mostly gone;
- I lost some extra weigh and now my weight is perfect;
- I dropped strictly vegan diet and added huge varieties of available wild and organic seafood and fish, that makes me much happier and now I really enjoy my food, as vegan diet was making me feeling miserable. I still do not eat meat, chicken, diary, sugar and very minimum salt;
- I completely dropped my 2-3 weekly IVCs as disappointingly ineffective against cancer (at least in my case). I still think high dose IVC can be helpful when used instead of antibiotics to preserve microbiome and probably helpful after chemotherapy (but I’m not longer sure about that).
So, I obviously cannot recommend prolonged (or may be any type?) of fasting to combat advanced prostate cancer.
However, if someone is recently started Lupron, Firmagon or similar shots, seriously overweight and can temporarily drop all other medication (if doctors OK) and intention is to reset microbiome, lose weight and clean your system, then 2 weeks supervised water only fast could be theoretically considered, as PSA should be controlled by Lupron.
Do I regret it? – Nope, I do not regret anything I do, I look on positives that I’ve got from this experience.
Would I do any type of fast again – I do not think so, but you never know
I hope the above will be helpful to someone who considering or doing any type of fasting or IVCs.