Post menopausal madness.

Hello everyone I'm new here and this my first post.

I'm 54 years old. Really struggled with hot flashes for over the last 3 years or so. My periods were very heavy and painful the last fives. Then they became spaced out just one every 6 months however the flashes became worse and then seemed to disappear. After a blood test 6 months ago I was told the results showed that I was post menopausal. How ever yesterday I am bleeding again my flushes are back with avengance. My mood is so low I can't stop crying. Not sleeping at night. My question is, Is anyone suffering the same and will it ever stop! Any advice be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's not unusual to have a "last hurrah" as my doctor called it - but it's probably wise to re-visit your doctor for reassurance as much as anything else.

• Thanks. I will make an appointment. Phew what ladies have to go through!

• Yep - who'd be a woman! Glad to hear you are going to see GP. Hope all goes well and you feel better soon. Take care.

• I go through the same thing..no period for 2 years then started post menpausal bleeding..good god will this ever end..

• I can to a degree cope with a show but it's all the other symptoms that are too much. Hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings​, anger out bursts and the increably low moods!

You may also like...