post menopausal cramping and bleeding

hi. I am 57 and its been over five years since I went through the menopause. Went to see GP with above symptoms.. sent to hospital within seven days for ultrasound and internal one. Then sent for a hysteroscopy in another department on same day where they took a biopsy of my womb. They said there was some fresh blood inside my uterus. The lining of my womb is 6mm instead of 4mm. I started my periods at the age of ten. I have had three caesareans and never gone into labour with any of them. I am diabetic and anaemic.

just waiting for results of biopsy which they said I should receive within two weeks.

still got cramping but it's not as painful.

Anyone out there had similar symptoms etc ?

6 Replies

• Yes. I too have had cramps and bleeding (more like spotting than a proper period) after menopause. It happened about 1 year after I hit menopause (early due, I think, to hormone treatment for endometriosis). My ultrasound scan showed only slight thickening of the uterus, which the consultantsaid was within normal limits so wasn't concerned.

I bled again twice in last month and they sent me for an urgent scan, which I am having tomorrow. May also have a hysteroscopy depending on what the ultrasound shows. Not looking forward to that as I have a retroverted uterus due to adhesions from the endometriosis and multiple surgeries. Makes any attempt to access my cervix difficult and very painful.

• P. S. I will be 52 next month.

• Thank you for your reply. Hope all goes let me know Chezza1

• Thanks Yvonneu. I had the scan and the radiographer said she couldn't see anything of concern. However, a have 3 fibroids, which were blocking her view of the uterine lining, so she couldn't see that clearly. Next step is to see the gynaecologist again once he gets the report.

• so that's good news..once those fibroids are disposed off, you should be fine x

• all my results came back clear which is brilliant news ! hope yours are clear also x

You may also like...