Hullo to all you wonderfully helpful people!
So, I’ve been on Thiroyd NDT 9 weeks now & not tried any other treatments before as it looks like I have Central Hypothyroidism & have been dismissed by the NHS for almost 3 years now.....as my TSH has always been fine, except for 1 hyperthyroid blip last Oct. I’m due to see an NHS Endo next Wednesday (after losing confidence in my private Endo), so I’m trying to get my facts straight before potentially needing to argue with them!!
I’m feeling more energised & the brain fog is slightly less, but my pain levels are seeming worse.
I’m currently feeling slightly more hyper than hypo (can’t stay still, jumping & jittery, anxiety higher, but getting SO much more done with increased energy & no depression.......it may be that I’m just not used to having energy!!!), but I upped my NDT to 2 & half (from 2 & 1/4) four days before I took these bloods. So that’s my first question.....
1) Is upping meds 4 days before a test too early to show on bloods? Am I now overmedicated, looking at these results, if it wouldn’t show?
2) I thought T4 was supposed to be suppressed on NDT? Does the fact that mine has risen from being low before treatment & now sitting in high top half indicate an absorption problem?
3) I did the Dr Wilson Adrenal Fatigue test & scored 171 (136+ is possible severe adrenal fatigue). What can I do to help them? I’m getting so confused by conflicting advise & the millions of supplement options!!
Could my adrenals be the cause of the body wide constant pain? As that is not getting better. Or could it be thyroid & just take time to heal?
4) any advice on further tests I should ask the endo for with the Central issue?
My locum GP ran tests for FSH,LH, prolactin & oestrdiol. All apparently normal, but I’m struggling to find optimal levels to double check this.
I think I need an MRI to check for any potential tumours causing issues with my pituitary or hypothalamus?
Although a possible cause is head trauma & I’ve had concussion a good few times & a very bad whiplash in 1998!
5) What is optimal ferritin & folate levels?
I’m taking Thorne Basic B & will stop the Jarrow B12 now I’m over on that level.
I was trying to take Spatone & Vit C in the afternoon on an empty stomach.....but I keep forgetting, & do tend to nibble all day long. I’m a natural grazer.......so found it easier to take the whole NDT dose on waking with no side effects.
Sorry for the deluge of questions! I’m feel like each time I start to feel in control, I learn about a whole new complicated side line, like adrenals & just want to hide & cry!!!