advice on T4

looking for advice my private thyroid tests says , normal thyroid stimulating hormone with high thyroxine. This may be an early sign of your thyroid becoming overactive, i am not on any meds and not been diagnosed as yet - result free THYROXINE 23.4 range 12.0 -22.0

TSH 1.92 - 0.27 -4.2

T3 4.85 3.1 - 6.8

it has been rising t4 13/6/16 - 14.2

10/3/17 -17.6

23/5/17- 23.4

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Jazzanne,

You may be becoming hyperthyroid. Have your TSH and FT3 been changing? If you don't have symptoms I would send the results to your GP and ask for a follow up thyroid test including FT4 and FT3 in 6-8 weeks. If you are symptomatic make an appointment to discuss the results and symptoms with your GP next week.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

• hi been having weight loss since last aug agitation, weight loss, skin/hair changes) tsh has fallen a little bit x t3 the same x

• Jazzanne,

See your GP. Symptoms are hyperthyroid.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

• I was attending a Endo should i email results to him or gp x

• Jazzanne,

Have you been discharged from endo clinic?

• well he sent a letter today to say he didnt think he had to see me again but he does not know about the results he was checking my cortisol levels i will say to him should i go to gp with finding who might refer me on again to him x

• Jazzanne,

If you reply quickly he may change his mind and you won't have to wait for another referral.

You may also like...