Blood results

Hello, I recently had these results back, I'm seeing a GP tomorrow I don't really understand what they mean. I'm also keen to get my vitamins iron etc to a good level that might the help me to feel more normal. To do this would having a blood test through Bluehorzin be the best way to go?

At the time I had these done I was on 150 meg of levothyroxine and taking one a day ferrous fumarate about 3 or 4 times a week.

Serum free T 4 level 16.0 pmol/l [7.0-20.0]

Serum TSH level 0.01 mu/l [0.3-5.0]

Serum vit B12 237ng/l [180.0-900.0]

Serum folate. 18.8ug/l [4.0-20.0]

Serum ferritin 26ug/l [15.0-200.0]

I've also got results for a full blood count, bone profile, haemoglobin A1c, serum lipid levels, urea and electrolytes, so I've got to get on and do some research....

Many thanks for taking the time to read this

🙂

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Molly65,

TSH 0.01 is suppressed which is no surprise as >145mcg is known to be a suppressive dose. FT4 16 is good and indicates you are adequately dosed.

B12 237 is low. You could supplement 1,000mcg methylcobalamin to raise B12 level and take a B Complex vitamin to maintain good folate level.

Ferritin is optimal half way through range. I would supplement iron with 1,000mcg vitamin C to aid absorption and minimise constipation.

labtestsonline.org/understa... will help you understand the FBC evaluations.

• Clutter many thanks for replying and the link.

• you need to take iron tabs every day but 4 hours away from levothyroxine

also eat liver once a week it can be a better way to raise ferritin

your b12 is way too low

get methycobalamin form of b12 and compound vit b jarrows or solgar are good makes and amazon tends to be a good supllier

• Thanks reallyfedup123.

You may also like...