Blood results - advice please

Currently on levo 75 per day (not on day of test) blood results from Blue Horizon (super efficient) read:

CRP 0.4 Range <5.0 mg/l

Ferritin 146.4 Range 20-150 ug/l

TSH 1.61 Range 0.27-4.20 IU/L

T4 total 99.3 Range 64.5-142.0 nmol/L

Free T4 18.87 Range 12-22 pmol/L

Free T3 4.72 Range 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

Anti-thyroidperoxidase abs H 201.3 Range <34 kIU/L

Anti-thyroidglobulin Abs H 361.4 Range <115 kU/L

Vitamin D(25 OH) 51 Range insufficient 25-50

Vitamin B12 396 Range Insufficent 25-50

Serum folate 21.03 Range 10.4 - 42.4 nmol/L

Any thoughts - especially around the antibodies welcome. Thanks.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You definitely have autoimmune thyroiditis AKA Hashimotos disease.

Your B12, folate and D could all be better, although not drastically off.

Your free T3 and TSH leave room for an increase in medication. How do you feel?

• Thanks Ruthi - some days - like today I feel great, full of beans - then another day - the thought of walking up the stairs to my office leaves me reeling - no pattern - nothing consistent that I can perceive. On a bad day- feel like I am moving through treacle and bed is the only place to be.

• I agree with Ruthi - another 25mcg of levo might make all the difference. And also agree that your Vit D and B12 could be better. Would be good to supplement with 5000iu Vit D a day for a month or two and to get your hands on some high strength Vit B12 lozenges - Jarrow do both 1000mcg and 5000mcg lozenges (you can't overdose in B12 but best not to overdo the Vit D).

• Im going to be tested by blue horizon next month. Good to see in your pist that they check the T3. Has the affected how the drs treat you?

• It's worth posting a new thread to ask a question like that.

• Hi Lbrook I have just sent my blood results to my GP and said I would like to discuss the results with him . Next challenge is to get an appointment! Good luck with yours.

• Hope it goes well for you. Its a pain havjng this health condition but a goid challenge to sort it out. Also its goid to know we're not alone. 😊

• Mantras,

TSH is slightly higher than most like it, T4 is fine and T3 is under halfway through range, showing you are probably not converting well and may require a 25mcg T4 dose raise..

Both TPOAb & TGAb are elevated indicating Hashimotos Auto Immune Disease. Members have found a gluten free diet may help reduce thyroid antibodies and optimal thyroid hormone replacement helps suppress Hashi attacks. Also supplementing Selenium is known to reduce thyroid antibodies TPO's, and increase T4 - T3 conversion.

Vit B12 and Vit D are low so require supplementing as may impair good thyroid hormone synthesis.

Gluten//Thyroid Connection

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

Selenium Reduces TPOAb

press.endocrine.org/doi/ful...

Selenium Aids Thyroid Function

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/161...

You may also like...