New blood results not what I expected!

I have recently changed from Armour 2 grain to Nature-throid 2 grain. My blood results have come back as follows;

TSH 1.60 ( 0.3-3.94)

Free T4 14 (12.3-20.2)

FreeT3 6.7 (3.7-6.7)

My ALT is 94 (0.33)

Alkaline phosphatase (35-104)

My TSH on Armour was 0.44 (0.3-3.94)

Has anyone got any ideas on how to adjust my Nature-throid and I am a bit concerned at my free T3

Thank you in advance

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Blood tests are secondary to how the person is feeling.

I think your FT3 is fine at the top of the range. If you wish to reduce your dose just drop by 1/4 tablet if you are taking 1 grain. If you take 2 grs tablet it would be difficult so just drop by a quarter tablet which will be equal roughly to reducing by 50mcg of levo.

Did you leave 24 hours approx between your last dose of T3 and the blood test?

• I can't remember it was done a couple of weeks ago. I am feeling awful from head to toe, I also have primary hyperparathyroidism and excessive weight gain

• Poor you to have two conditions to contend with. Weight gain can be sorted out when you feel well again.

Some other members will reply soon I am sure but just reduce your T3 down and see if it also reduces your palps and horrible sensations.

• Amanda, Looks like the proportions of T3:T4 in NatureThroid aren't quite right for you. You need a little less T3 and more T4. You might swap 3/4 grain for 50mcg T4.

• Is that levothyroxin T4, I don't have any heart palpitation with my currant medication

• Amandajl, yes, T4 is Levothyroxine. If you don't feel overmedicated there's no need to change, FT3 is still within range but a dose increase will send it over.

You may also like...