Taking T3 and magnesium citrate together?

Hello,

Sorry if this was discussed already, I used the search function and also googled but couldn't find an answer. I know you can't take magnesium and levo together but what about T3? The reason I'm asking is because I'm having difficulty timing my magnesium intake as I have to eat a lot of calcium in smaller absorbable doses because I have osteoporosis. Now I take mg only at night but would be good to be able to get another dose during the day.

Thank you.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you take T3 once daily - I leave 4 hours between T3 (or T4) and supplements. Some might leave 2 hours but I am cautious and don't want any inteference.

• Thanks for replying.

I take T3 3x (60 mcg total). I've been thinking about trying magnesium oil, guess in that case no need to leave time between the two?

• Hi Starlight555

I have just started to use Magnesium oil.

I never considered using it at the same time as Levo . Oops 😱

PP

• I use a magnesium oil spray from BetterYou. Its a transdermal, spray onto the skin and absorbed straight into the body, avoiding the gut. The one I get, is used just before bedtime.

You could also intake your magnesium with a foot soak or bath with Espom salts.

betteryou.com/learn/transde...

• Thanks, I'll try this. Would you mind me asking if this helps you being regular? I'm using mg citrate primarily to avoid constipation.

• Not really, you don't get that affect with transdermal absorption as it's going straight into the body and cells, and not via the gut.

• If you are having constipation it could be due to being underdosed.

• I thought about that too. But guess it's a problem with not enough T3 getting into my cells rather than not taking enough. Most likely I have cortisol issues, did a saliva test back in Sep 2013. They were in range but noon cortisol was quite low, just a bit over the lower limit. Been feeling worse so last week I had an ACTH stim test but won't know the results until about mid August. I felt very tired during and after the test which makes me think that my adrenals didn't respond to the stimulation.

You may also like...