Results are in!

Following treatment after my diagnosis of Follicular Thyroid Cancer in January, I recently got my I123 scan results which showed no uptake of iodine anywhere.

Only this week, my blood test results were undetectable for thyroglobulin. This was better news than I could have hoped for.

However, because of my great results, I have now been put on Levothyroxin with immediate effect. Oh dear. For four days I will take 50mcg t3 + 150 mg t4, then t4 only. Feeling a bit nervous about this transition. Really hoping it agrees with me, as I still don't feel like myself even on Liothyronine.

Think I will try taking the Levo at night and see how I go.

Thanks to all who post on here. I've learnt so much.....& still have so much to learn! Thank you x

9 Replies

• Thanks for posting - good luck with the new regime.. x

• Thanks Louise :-)

• so happy for you and this is a great space to pick up extra support, x

• Thank you tilly, this site has been a godsend. :-)

• Hi, wonderful news with your results. I had a lot of take up first time round but was given the all clear last Tuesday, wonderful feeling, isn't it! I was taken off liothyronine several months ago and have taken only thyroxine since then, and I actually felt better - much to my amazement because, like you, I was worried by all I had read about thyroxine. Good luck, enjoy your new cancer free life x

• Congratulations to you too!

Thanks for your response, it's encouraging to know you feel better on T4. I'll remain hopeful :-)

Do you take yours a.m. or p.m.?

• I always wake in the night so I have it ready to take then, so that it is as far away as possible from any food. Works for me! Wishing you all the best.

• Hi Nickym1

That's great news you've posted. I had my right lobe removed to remove follicular variant papillary cancer but I haven't had any further treatment, just monitoring and I'm now on Levothyroxine. I don't really feel any better on it but we both need to take this synthetic hormone to suppress the return of the cancer. Hopefully, I will be trialling T3 soon and, perhaps then we can compare notes.

Good luck and take care.

• Great news, hope the new regime works for you.

Don't forget that you may be low in underlying vits and minerals too- best get these checked if you can (the usual irons, ferritin, folate, B12 and Vit D for starters) J x

You may also like...