Blood test results

T4 23 (10-25)

TSH 0.18 (0.15-3.5)

Started and remain on Levothyroxine 150mcg - diagnosed hypo 2008

Can someone please interpret these results. The GP says they are 'absolutely fine'. He did send me for T3 test but lab refused to do it. I empathise with every one on here who feels like they are banging their head against a brick wall - I would love to wake up in the morning and not want to crawl back under the bedclothes. I would love to feel confident and competent within my workplace instead of feeling like some inept bufoon - I would love to be able to make simple decisions without thinking I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. I would love to not have the feeling of wanting to cry all the time. I would love to rid myself of this 3 stone weight gain but most of all I would love to just feel like 'me' again.

Pity party over!! Thanks for listening.

9 Replies

• As numbers and ranges - they look potentially OK.

Have a look here:

Also, are you taking your levothyroxine well away from food, drinks other than water, supplements and other medicines?

Suggest you consider and possibly get tested for:

vitamin B12

vitamin D

All can be low and all can cause symptoms similar to hypothyroidism and may hinder the ability of thyroid hormone to work properly.

• Thanks for the reply Rod - I'll see if I can request tests for your suggestions. I take my levothyroxine as soon as I wake up - usually half to an hour before food or drink and I don't take any supplements - maybe I should start!

Thanks again

• I can def say that getting my d levels up has made big difference to me,, some of the fatigue that i blamed on my thyroid has actually gone , skin is better etc.etc, i recommend to everyone but ESP with thyroid issues to get it tested,, if your doc refuses,,, which they shouldn't,,, then ask on here and someone can provide a link to get it done your self..

• Thanks for the info ianessex

• No prob Terri,,

• There is a link on here somewhere for Vit D tests, I have just ordered the test myself, it is at the City Hospital in Birmingham and costs £25 (finger-prick test), so convenient as well as reasonably priced.

Also I have changed taking my levo from morning to last thing at night (why don't doctors tell you this) too soon to say if it makes a difference (only changed last night) but will keep you posted.

• Thankyou jan4363 - wish I'd known about this site earlier - everyone is very helpful

I did take my Levo at night for about 6 months but didn't make a difference - possibly my late night cup of cocoa interfered with it :o)

• your T4 is a bit high, TSH a bit low and I imagine T3 might be a bit low too.

• Thanks Hashi - I'd love to know what my T3 is - need to make appointment with Endo if my GP will refer

You may also like...