2nd Attempt

I'm 23 and have been smoking heavily for 5 years. My first attempt at quitting lasted 3 days and I caved. However, I believe my mind wasn't really in it.

The reasons I want to quit is because I don't want to feel dragged down in every aspect of my life anymore. I'm physically unfit, my skin is dry and sensitive and my face rashes after I have a shower and I can imagine how much better food will taste and smell after I quit.

I am 4 days into my 2nd attempt and I can already see major improvements to my skin which I'm very happy about. I really believe I can do this and I believe anyone who's reading this who wants to quit can too - you just need to realise cigarettes aren't your friend. You spend out of your arse for a flood of chemicals to poison every part of your body.

It's all about your mindset. Just remember that. I'll keep you posted on how I get on but even if the cravings get worse from this point on, I can see myself overcoming them.

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi LSim, and welcome to our quit support group๐Ÿ˜€ Well done on your 4 day quit, the best decision you have made for your health.๐Ÿ˜„ You sound determined and positive and are already seeing benefits , which is great, ๐Ÿ˜€Have a read of some of the pinned posts some useful information. Is your quit date the 25/08/2016 are you using any nrt?

Take one day at a time, and shout out if you need help

Maddy

๐Ÿ˜Š

• You are doing great and yes, that is to remember when cravings kick in, not for a friend but addiction they crave for.

• My skin looked better too - almost immediately :-) i've used this forum to see me through the cravings - either posting or reading posts has been invaluable over the last few weeks and the support on here is amazing! Sonses

• Hi Lsim and welcome..I sure hope that this is your time to shine๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. You are so very right about having the right mindset..it his truly does making a difference in your quit journey..a strong determination to succeed and the committment to match it and you will win ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Keep up the great attitude ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

• Love your post and attitude LSim. You're on the right track this time๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป you've got your reasons for quitting set firm in your mind which I use my reasons ALL the time when I'm fed up and want to light up but my fear of a smoking related illness stops me every time. We're here for ya anytime.. Like right now.. It's 5am western Canada time for me and your post is helping me- thanks-

Arizona xx๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

• Hi LSim and welcome to our quit family๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done on your quit and with that great determination you will succeed. Keep that positive mindset going and we're here to help. You're going to be a winner๐Ÿšญ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Welcome Lsim and well done on 4 days quit๐Ÿ‘ do keep that positive start going you're doing really well ๐Ÿ˜„

• You're doing great and very determined. Stick with it..... believe in yourself.

You may also like...