5 weeks (10days nic free)

5 weeks ago I was ready. Patch on, determination at the forefront of my mind.

I have tried several times to quit before, but always felt I was  'giving something I enjoyed up' 

This time it was for me. I wanted to feel better, smell better and be less anxious.

I used the clear niquitin patches for 25 days at 21 mg. I found them good, but didnt wear it at night, and didn't like having it on my skin.

I stopped using them when I realised I will never light up again, and have been nicotine free for 10 days.

I felt I needed to kick the rolling ritual which the patches helped with. My cough, bad skin, sore teeth and gums were strong reminders that I will never smoke again. 

I also got real stregth listening to others on this forum. 

Feeling proud of myself and everyone else who is on this recovery journey. Especially in the moments when emotions or physical experiences react to withdrawal.

Chuffed. have a great day my fellow quitters.

9 Replies

• Fantastic Firecrow , 5 weeks . You should be very Proud what an acheivement. :) :) you are a winner . Stay strong and keep doing what your doing on your quit journey. Love that positive attitude . Way to go Firecrow  xx

• Love it ❤️Love it❤️Love it❤️

I just love your attitude - keep that positivity and enjoy the roller coaster ride ✅✅😀😀

• Well done firecrow now nic free too😊 Way to go with that positivity 😊😊

• Great quit Firecrow👍🏻

So true what you say about our emotions  and physical experiences reacting to withdrawal... My psychological dependence ran its course in month 5..

Best wishes from 🇨🇦

• thanks everyone. 

so helpful tk be able to share each step with folks that have either been there or going through it.

Happy Monday :-) FireCrow

• Great post, great quit😊 Fantastic achievement so well done to you👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷💐💐💐💐💐💐💐 a little treat for you well done x

• Well done fire crow, inspirational ...hope Monday was a good one for you xxx

• hiya, all the better now.

just off to bed. still finding myself pretty tired.

more water, more sleep and a positive outlook :-)

You may also like...