More challenges

More challenges

Today I had a hospital treatment, then went through to Edinburgh, had a meal with the family, then went to see the play War Horse.

All day I've been badly wanting a cig. Mostly because of association. In the past when I came out of the hospital I would have had a smoke. During the drive through I would chain smoke, and even though I smoked in the car I would stop halfway to have a sitting still smoke. As soon as I got to Edinburgh I would smoke. Before a meal I would smoke. Between courses I would smoke. After the meal I would smoke. Before the theatre I would smoke 2, at the interval I would smoke, after the theatre I would smoke, all the way home I would smoke and before I came up to the flat I would smoke.

I'd love to say it was easy but I really missed each and every one. Especially when my brother in law was nipping out.

Still as hard as it was, I did it

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey Ellie, a big massive WELL DONE to you gal :) :)

It sounds like you had a hard day of it, but you got through it, so you pat yourself on the back and go buy yourself something nice eh :)

You hold your head up high and be proud of yourself, you none smoker you :) :)

• Well done! Every time you don't succumb to an association I reckon it becomes easier the next time. Feel proud of yourself :)

• Well done Hun, it's so hard sometimes huh, but you did it :)

I realised yesterday that I time my pasta cooking in cigarettes lol..... Used to have 2 while it was cooking and then it would be perfect! Seems it feels longer when you don't smoke lol!

Really wanting a real one today grrrrrr, luckily I am too lazy to go to the shop! I shouldn't really have these cravings surely as I am still getting my nicotine!! Hmmmmm stupid mind tricks.

X

• The mind is a nasty evil thing. Still if being too lazy to go is what works for you to say then embrace it!

• Yeah laziness and bad weather have been my friend today lol! X

• Hey Ali, your doing just fine gal you really are :) but dont forget, you have to get rid of the habit part of smoking as well as the nicotine :o

You enjoy being lazy gal :) :)

• Thanks monky but today is the toughest so far!!!! So had a snooze and did my nails and it has kind of passed...... Kind of! I ain't giving in but it's driving me to distraction today :( x

• Ellie, the main thing is that you survived ALL of those times when you would've had a cig however hard it was and you did it with grace and style !! YAY Ellie,you rock.First Times are the worst ones,first journey on a train/plane/bus knowing that you used to have a fag when you got to your destination,first trips to hospital/dentist,first (well,you get the idea!!) The main thing is that it WAS hard but you survived & next time it will be easier.If your brother in law still chooses to smoke then that's just fine,just for today you choose not to smoke & tomorrow will be the same.Big pat on the back Ellie you deserve it. Hugs H

• Thanks Helen xx

You may also like...