I've been on Urso for 9 weeks and I've been fortunate to have good results already:
GGT - from 750 to 164
ALT - from 450 to 35
ALP - from 513 to 193
Cholesterol - from 375 to 28
(Fibroscan 10.7 - not retested)
Here are my questions:
1. How long until Urso "bottoms out" and you stop getting improvements?
2. Would you be likely to get side effects as time goes on? I am now feeling a little sick after I eat which I didn't feel in the first few weeks.
3. I am AMA-negative and I haven't had a biopsy. Considering the good results with Urso, Is there any possibility that I DON'T have PBC? I understand that Urso can be used for gallstones (which I have) but I read that it might take at least 6 months for gallstones to be dissolved using Urso.
4. I understand that Urso doesn't cure PBC, but that it stops the progression of PBC? Is this true? And if so, what does "progression" actually mean? Does it mean that the linings of the bile ducts will continue to to be damaged? And does it mean that fibrosis/cirrhosis can continue to develop in the liver? Or none of the above?
5. What sort of follow-up do I need from my consultant? How often do you see your consultant and what tests need to be repeated?
Thanks in advance, everyone, for your kind attention.