Pernicious Anaemia Society
14,597 members10,402 posts

Miette photos

Miette photos

Really sorry no good at Tec I've taken more photos and copied my message hope this helps

This is what happened in May I went to the doctors. Because of a swollen painful neck. they took bloods and sent me for a scan It turned out to be a cyst and 3 small nodules ..the first bloods worried me so I persuaded then to do a second test as I'd been supplementing with Centrum over 50s multi vitamins and high dose vitamin d 1000mg for years and had stopped for the 2 weeks before my first blood tests. The second blood test showed a (rapid in the space of 4 weeks) triple increase in the blood results. The only thing I'd done or taken between the first and 2nd tests was cough syrup and vitamin c high dose 1000mg a few days before the second test as I have a bad viral infection. I haven't received any treatment or supplements other than those mentioned

First test

B12 152_ range 150-1000

Folate 7.8 range 2-18.80

Ferritin 31 range 12-250

Second test b12 452 range as above

Folate. 16.3

Ferritin. 91

Doctors don't know why and aren't interested in checking bloods again in a month or two. Hope you can see the pictures are I am a hashimoto patient and take 75mg of levothroxin daily

5 Replies
oldestnewest

other than the comment that the white blood cell counts could be raised because of the infection you mention I can't really add to my comment on your original post.

Thanks gambit62 I appreciate you're help

Hi,

Taking Vitamin C might increase the amount of iron a person absorbs.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/250...

What's your diet like?

I did wonder if you ate lots of B12 rich foods between the two tests?

I am not medically trained.

Thanks for your reply sleepybunny no no diet changes and I think you're right that the vitamin c would of increased the iron levels but to cripple the value ?

Thank you sleepybunny i just found out it was you who noted and helped when I mistakenly and stupidly posted personal information

You may also like...