Neuropathic Pain

Hi, I have a rare disease Adrenomyeloneuropathy and I suffer with bad muscle spasms and neuropathic pain, I've tried loads of medication but they just make me feel like a zombie! the best thing I have found is Vitamin D3 with Magnesium, however vitamin d uses magnesium to be converted to it's active form in the bloodstream and will cause magnesium deficiency and magnesium supplements are not absorbed very well, the best I have found is Pink Himalayan Salt used transdermally in a bath, your body will absorb what it needs, I think anyone with neuropathic pain should give it a try?

Best wishes

Steve

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • your the second person to recommend this pink salt, unfortunately i no longer have a bath. does anyone know if you can take some, Mmmmm internally. i would have to check with my doctor as i also have heart disease. regards docnai.

• Hi, I just thought, you can soak your feet in a bowl that should be ok?

Steve

• Hi,

I'm not sure if the himalayan salt is safe orally? but I have used Magnesium Chloride flakes a tea spoon full in a glass of water, it does taste awful, you can make oil mix 50/50 150g to 150ml of water and spray it onto your skin but it does sting a bit when you first start using it or you could dilute it a bit weaker. I would check with your GP to see what he's says about your condition?

magnesiumforlife.com/transd...

arthritistrust.org/Articles...

Best wishes

Steve

• Second time I have heard of this too! My pain is in my face (mainly my jaw), I wish I could try it! However it might be difficult to bathe my face... Any suggestions!? Lol :-)

• I meant to say I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I hope it is under control now? Xx

• Hi, If you bath in it, it is transdermally absorbed into the bloodstream and every organ in your body will bath in it.

Best wishes

Steve

• I see! I feel like a bit of an idiot now. I wear transdermal patches I should understand the concept. I've also re-Read your first post and can see you explained it fully so sorry about that! :-) :-) x

You may also like...