No Smoking Day
3,165 members31,777 posts

I’m getting there

Never thought I’d do it but.....

26 Replies
oldestnewest

You should feel so proud. Congratulations. And may you enjoy another 8 months clean!

1 like

Great job 😊

1 like

You’re a star Monica1969! ⭐️

Awwww thanks Crackling 🤗

You made it through the dark side! Woo hoo gorgeous Monica! I’m proud of you as so should you be! Big hugs 🤗💛

Hey you how’s it going with you? I’ve thought if you often wondering how things are x

1 like

I’m the roller coaster quitter!! The insomnia always gets me! On day 12 today, still trying! I’m just so pleased that you and scarlet123 are still going strong! That makes me happy! Sending lots of love for a wonderful 2019 smoke free!!! Yay! 💖💖💖💖

2 likes

You never quit quitting that’s the main thing, you’re doing fab, not sure I could go through all that withdrawal again, I think that’s what keeps me focused, that and the memory of seeing dad in his last days.

I’ve just started seeing this guys (after 9 years of being single) woo hoo, unfortunately both his parents have stage 4 lung cancer which is awful for him and his family but it makes you realise smoking does kill and this poor guy is gonna lose both his parents this year xx

2 likes

Best of luck with the new romance Monica1969 - that is so dreadfully sad with both his parents, god love them and him to have to experience and witness such an illness :(

1 like

To top it off, his gran died 3 weeks ago, not cancer, she was a ripe age of 94 x

:( My gran died at the ripe age 92, she will be at her 10 year anniversary on 02 February, she was my inspiration and not a day goes by I don't think or speak about her :)

My gran (step gran) is still going at 96, she has dementia but fit as a fiddle lol x

1 like

Well done frosty11 on now day 13, wishing you strength. Did you try the herbal supplements for the insomnia and avoiding caffeine?

1 like

Life is booming for you! I’ve lost count of my single years! It’s been along time!

Sorry to read about your partners parents that’s a really tough time for him and you, and you’d still have very strong memories of your dads illness.

Shows you even more how important your life change is and I imagine a renewed perspective on life! Taking care of yourself is so important 💖 enjoy being nicotine free, your demon has gone!

All the best for 2019 Monica! 💖💖💖

1 like

Oh this is very very new, only a few weeks but we will see

I really hope my demon has gone hun and I am proud of myself, never thought I’d do it

All the best to you too sweetie xx

2 likes

Thanks Roisin! I have stocked up with a health pharmacy here! Could almost open a shop! My mind plays games and becomes very active at night and end up with severe brain fog during the day! I still have 1 coffee, good point that I need to cut this out and see what happens. Thank you for your care! You are a beautiful soul xx

1 like

1 month smoke free now frosty11 - how are you getting on now?

Hi Monica1969 so happy to hear you’re going strong 💪

Rolling on towards the year marker now...me too!

Good luck with your new beau! 😉💕🦋🌺xx

Hi Scarlet123, high five to us hun, I think we should celebrate when we hit 1 year..!!! xxx

2 likes

Yes!! Definitely, great idea. Maybe Roisin01 can book us into the Penthouse! Onwards and upwards...xx

1 like

Hey Monica 😊 long time no speak. Huge congratulations to you, very well done indeed 💐

Hi hun you too, how’s it going? x

All going very well thanks. I made the 9 month mark yesterday and I feel great.

Oh that’s fantastic 😃 I’m looking forward to celebrating my 1 year in May, I’m just so shocked I’ve got this far.

Are you saving the money you spent on cigs? x

1 like

Yes, I'm looking forward to the 1 year anniversary too. I reckon I've saved about £1350. Not bad!

1 like

Fantastic 😁 i can't wait till mine says 8 months

You may also like...