No Smoking Day
2,563 members31,303 posts

Hercu's Inspirational Quotes, Analogies and his remarkable journey

Hercu's Inspirational Quotes, Analogies and his remarkable journey

Hey all,

This is a pinned post of our wonderful inspirational member, Hercu, for his inspirational quotes and analogies. I told him a while ago, he could publish a book on them, I know I would definitely buy it as they have helped me so much from the early stages of my quit and continue to do so...

I will try and post them the quotes from the beginning of Hercu's journey to the present.

And if there is any I miss please feel free to add to the post ( Hercu )

28 Replies
oldestnewest

Weeks 3 and 4 was the discovery of my weaknesses. The terrible idea to cope with life and the curve balls on my own. Now I realized that life is a reality and not a false euphoria of happiness where I can light a cigarette and every thing is...

5 likes

And here I am on the doorstep of month 3...Yes 8 weeks and 6 days totally smoke free and jubilant to be here.

The roller coaster ride up to this stage was actually incredible;

To experience all the stages of quitting was a journey full of...

4 likes

One of my favourites...

Today three months ago I said goodbye to a very dear friend and reliable companion. The friendship was so tight that he was always with me. He was there the first thing every morning and gave me guts to take on the day and...

6 likes

Confucius said “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.”

I also love Mark Twain, such an inspirational writer with a lovely outlook on life. I really think this quote can be a lesson for us: “Twenty years from now you will be more...

4 likes

And was I waiting for this one........:D:D

0Years 6Months 0Weeks 0Days 0Hours 23Mins 5SecsSince You Quit Smoking

Cravings Phase Progress

100% Complete

Heart Rate Recovery

100% Complete

Blood Pressure Recovery

100% Complete

4 likes

Wow and thank you!! 

I cannot tell you how much I needed all of the inspirational messages today. It's been a rough day "My reliable companion was always very close...so close that I could touch him at any time and he would give me comfort to cope...

5 likes

After 7 months non smoking I can confirm some stories regarding this whole quit thing...

Yes, I like to call it this quit thing because for me it is a total different “thing” that happened in my life..... Truly there is a huge improvement in...

4 likes

It is a fact for us to reach the finish line we must take the first step. So I took the first step almost 8 months ago to quit smoking and passed so many landmarks and milestones but did not reach the finish line.... or will a smoker that chooses...

6 likes

Yippee Yay...8 Months today !

What a Journey....Exciting...Amazing.....So many times described as a rollercoaster ride but I think that description is Mickey mouse in comparison with the real experience...For me after, a lifetime smoking and not...

2 likes

Back from heaven.....!!!!

Yes.... my week on the white beaches of northern Mozambique is only a memory now and I am back in reality.... Could paddle at least 10 km a day and caught few nice fish...

In the mean time I have reached my 9 months...

3 likes

Who Says Being A Quitter Is A Bad Thing?

It has been 10 months ago driving the 400 km back from the doctor with a box of Champix in my pocket and a X-Ray in a brown envelope showing my poor lungs in a very bad shape after my 38 years of...

2 likes

When we originally quit it feels like we are pinned between a rock and a brick wall… but after the first few “hellish” days this rock becomes a stone and we start to carry it around and live with it.. Further along the path we will put our hand in...

1 like

If you’re not where you want to be right now, take the time to visualize yourself in the place you want to be and take the first step in that direction. You may not be able to change your destination in a day, but you can change your direction...

2 likes

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person...

2 likes

I believe our Creator gave us two gifts, one is choice and the other is chance : the choice of a good life and the chance to make it the best..

4 likes

“Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” Douglas Pagels

1 like

It is a known fact that the only person who does not fail is the person not doing anything challenging....Thus you did not fail but did not win this very, very difficult challenge...So take time, get a new date and quit again....I have said it so...

1 like

Remember Louis L'Amour said" Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more."

2 likes

My 11 Months Metamorphoses

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou

On my 11 th month not smoking I found it so true and so applicable on us quitters......

“The successful possess the courage to walk each day toward something; after coming through everything.”

― Johnnie Dent Jr.

FOCUS : Follow On Course Until Successful.”

Zig Ziglar said "I move forward in my life every day, even if it's only a tiny step,

because I know that great things are accomplished with tiny moves,

but nothing is accomplished by standing still"

“What we want is within reach.”

Back into reality and in time to enjoy my one year smoke free celebrations...!!!

Yes, Back from peacefulness and soul enrichment and wished it could last forever but what I know will last, for the rest of my...

Iam feeling every second with you and want to leave you with a thought that I took for myself right in the beginning of my quit and on those horrid days read it over and over:

“The chief beauty about time

is that you cannot waste it in...

The Past, Present and Future

Hercu 400 Days Smoke Free an hour ago 2 Replies

Today...400 Days into my new life I can look back on my journey, That rollercoaster ride, the point where I was dropped into the washing machine...I was soaked,...

1 like

Just bumping this thread up for our newbies....

The Quality of life after 15 months smober...!

Hercu 1 Year Smoke Free an hour ago 2 Replies

1Year 3Months 0Weeks 1Day1Hour 43Mins 42Secs Since Hercu Quit Smoking

It is so nice to live this new quality life and though it necessary to...

NOPE 2 Years, 24 Months, 730 Days, 17531 Hours, 1051898 Minutes, 63113880 Seconds

To quit smoking was certainly one of the most difficult and amazing things I have done in my live…with the biggest continuous reward.......

I have been in a...

You are my hero I am really impressed

You may also like...