Post pre-op appointment mad brain moment arghhhhh

Hi all

As some of you are aware, I currently am not using patches as I had a bad reaction and am waiting for my GP to get another brand in (hopefully tomorrow)..............So, I have had a day with just my lozenges.

Everything was going well, took half an hour to find a parking space at the hospital for my pre-op appointment.........hey, no stress. Was 15 minutes late for my appointment, no stress. Before I would have probably smoked at least 3 cigs whilst driving round and panicing about being late.

I was extremely proud of myself.............HOWEVER...................

had my pre-op appointment and came out as scared as hell and all I could think was I NEED A FAG! :eek:

I drove to see OH at work (as some of you know, he smokes) on my way there I had a moment where I realised that having a smoke wasnt actually going to make me less terrified and if anything, I would have to face my children, sister, mother and all you fabulous peeps on here and say that I had given in to the little b*&^ard...................NO WAY was I going to do that. Had a coffee with OH, he smoked in front of me and I can honestly say I REALLY didnt want one :D

That is my waffle over, will get through the rest of today because I dont have to go out anywhere and my boys would not let me leave the house with any money if I wanted to.

Onwards and Upwards..........bring on day 19 :D

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi all

As some of you are aware, I currently am not using patches as I had a bad reaction and am waiting for my GP to get another brand in (hopefully tomorrow)..............So, I have had a day with just my lozenges.

Everything was going well, took half an hour to find a parking space at the hospital for my pre-op appointment.........hey, no stress. Was 15 minutes late for my appointment, no stress. Before I would have probably smoked at least 3 cigs whilst driving round and panicing about being late.

I was extremely proud of myself.............HOWEVER...................

had my pre-op appointment and came out as scared as hell and all I could think was I NEED A FAG!

I drove to see OH at work (as some of you know, he smokes) on my way there I had a moment where I realised that having a smoke wasnt actually going to make me less terrified and if anything, I would have to face my children, sister, mother and all you fabulous peeps on here and say that I had given in to the little b*&^ard...................NO WAY was I going to do that. Had a coffee with OH, he smoked in front of me and I can honestly say I REALLY didnt want one

That is my waffle over, will get through the rest of today because I dont have to go out anywhere and my boys would not let me leave the house with any money if I wanted to.

Onwards and Upwards..........bring on day 19

Oh my god woman, I was waiting for you to say you'd smoked then. :rolleyes:

WELL DONE!!! You're doing so amazingly well and you managed to get yourself through a situation that many people would have crumbled under! :D

I'm so sorry that you've had a scare about your op :( What is it you're having done? *sends big hugs* But such a huge well done for getting yourself through it!!

And all without your patches!

You certainly have an admirer in me :) I hope you're very proud lady! xxx

• Ok this is the 3rd time I have tried to post a reply to you Max and Sarah

The 2nd time I couldnt remember what I wrote the 1st time and this time I cant remember what I wrote the 2nd time.....................SO i'm just going to say thank you.

It wasnt easy but I couldnt have handled the looks from my boys if I had smoked a cig or bought some on the way home.

Early to bed for me tonight, that way I dont have to think about anything :D

• Amazing

Wow!!! That is amazing . What courage and commitment. You truly are an inspiration to us all. Thankyou for sharing that. I've had a couple of rough days but you have shown me that anything is possible. Thankyou. Love .jonno

• I am grateful for all of your comments, have just had to re read my post as haven't really done anything amazing, just realised that having a smoke wouldnt stop me feeling sh*t scared about next week lol

I know I wouldnt have felt like this if i hadnt read some truely amazing posts on here. I also know that I am not home and dry...............nic did try and get me to cave after my tea this evening :(

Thanks all the same though guys, couldnt do it without you :D

• Dodge and weave Amanda,dodge and weave and the little git will not get you,keep moving keep dodging keep dancing :D X

Hopefully this time next week I will be able to dodge and weave, keep moving and keep dancing....................without pain :D

And also start running :D

• I am grateful for all of your comments, have just had to re read my post as haven't really done anything amazing, just realised that having a smoke wouldnt stop me feeling sh*t scared about next week lol

I know I wouldnt have felt like this if i hadnt read some truely amazing posts on here. I also know that I am not home and dry...............nic did try and get me to cave after my tea this evening :(

Thanks all the same though guys, couldnt do it without you :D

Don't ever feel guilty about "almost caving". Remember to feel proud for not giving in!! :D xxx

You may also like...