WooHoo..End of Day 5

Hiya

It's nearly the end of day 5 for me and I went to see my quit nurse earlier. CM reading of a big fat zero!! :) Been sick and feeling very off for the last few days but I think that's more to do with the dodgy chinese I had the other night rather than the Champix or the withdrawal.

Being a Friday night, I would normally be in the pub by now but I don't fancy a drink at all. Also wouldn't want to risk being round all the smokers. Keep getting a nasty whiff of stale smoke but can't find where it's coming from, think I'm going to go on a cleaning splurge tomorrow.

Anyway, apart from a few nasty craves especially after dinner and 1st thing in the morning, I'm happy with my progress and feeling quite proud of myself :D

Thanks everyone for all your support and inspiration so far.

Rachel xx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • and so you should :)

well done for doing so well going to the pub is def going to be a big step i know when i went last week i thought it was going to be really hard but as long as you let all your friends that you drink with that your not a smoker anymore im sure you will get plenty of support

just dont go outside yet with them you will soon smell them when they come back inside :eek:

i know when i have given hugs to smokie friends that they stink which isnt a very nice smell

ive not said anything as after all each to there own at the end of the day

what plans have you got for the weekend?

regards carol

• Well done hun!

Avoiding smoking people and smokey places is a good idea in these early days, I couldn't be around anyone smoking a couple of weeks ago without wanting to ask for a drag :rolleyes: But I'm getting more comfortable with it now.

Well done with getting a zero on the carbon manoxide reader, that's ace! Those after food cravings soon go hun, so keep at it, it gets lots easier :D

• Thanks Carol & Karen

Think I'm going to try to rediscover my love of cooking this weekend, rather than hiding in the kitchen having a fag. And I've seen more of my family this week than I have in ages, as I'm staying in the lounge with them rather than sneaking off :o

• Well done on Day 5 and now that i post on here its day 6. Your doing so well hun, keep up the good work.

I love cooking now as i can smell everything properly, mind u some things dont taste the same now and i try things with caution just in case.

Enjoy your smokefree weekend.

LOL

• Well done Rachel, keep it up:)

You may also like...