I've had bad news

Please no messages of sympathy. I had a phone call tonight from my sister Lynn to tell me my eldest sister Julia died today aged 69. So if you have left me posts to answer and I don't answer them just now I'm sure you will understand.

Yes I'm upset as you would expect and many would turn to cigarettes right now. Smoking a cigarette will not bring my sister back and she never got to know I've stopped but would have been very proud of me if she did.

She has smoked all her life.

If you want to answer this thread please no sympathy I just want all you guys out there that think you have a reason to start smoking again there is no such thing.

And don't worry I won't smoke.

Jack

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There are no reasons....hugs sweetheart

• No words, no sympathy, just....

Happy Memories to come

Hugs xx

• Memories...if it wasn't for them there wasn't a point

• She knows you stopped, hugs.

Jackie x

• Please no messages of sympathy. I had a phone call tonight from my sister Lynn to tell me my eldest sister Julia died today aged 69. So if you have left me posts to answer and I don't answer them just now I'm sure you will understand.

Yes I'm upset as you would expect and many would turn to cigarettes right now. Smoking a cigarette will not bring my sister back and she never got to know I've stopped but would have been very proud of me if she did.

She has smoked all her life.

If you want to answer this thread please no sympathy I just want all you guys out there that think you have a reason to start smoking again there is no such thing.

And don't worry I won't smoke.

Jack

Virtual shake of your hand mate

• Bless and all my love Jack....She would be very, very, happy that you stopped, so keep that in honour of her....Sending you all my love Jack .X

• You do right not to smoke and you are right. Hope you can find a channel for your thoughts anyway, perhaps spend time with the rest of the family.

peace.

j

• Hugs Jack xxx

• Hi Jack

Bless you Jack Julia may not have known in life you'd quit but she does now and will be so proud of you

You're right a fag wouldn't help one bit

Love and i263.photobucket.com/albums...

Marg xx

• Your right, Jack. Smoking will not change anything. Remember the love and the laughs! Jody

• Hi all, thank you all for your kind words without sympathy

I am fine coping well, most importantly I'm not smoking and won't so don't worry.

Today has not been as good as the last few days but it's easily controlled. I'm still feeling great about myself, very positive, won't smoke again, loving it and how good is fresh air when you are only inhaling is fresh air.

I hate to say this but I think I'm becoming a non smoking evangelist and preaching to the world to stop.

Seriously thank you all.

Jack xx:)

• Hi Jack

Bless you Jack Julia may not have known in life you'd quit but she does now and will be so proud of you

You're right a fag wouldn't help one bit

Love and i263.photobucket.com/albums...

Marg xx

Beautiful thanks. a big hug to you.

Jack xx

• smoking wont bring her back so no reason to smoke..

wish I was able to use a death in family to help me stop, but 3 deaths in mine didnt... wish I had ur wisdom.

1 message to us all

smoking does not help our issues, problems or pain

it makes it worse

xxx:) xx

• Take care Jack Big Hugs x

• Hi Jack.

Glad to see you are not smoking. Proves we don't need one at a time of stress.

Take care.

Love Ju xx

• smoking wont bring her back so no reason to smoke..

wish I was able to use a death in family to help me stop, but 3 deaths in mine didnt... wish I had ur wisdom.

1 message to us all

smoking does not help our issues, problems or pain

it makes it worse

xxx:) xx

Sue thanks for that but I'm not wise I'm just a stubborn old git.

Someone once said I was a sex mad old fool, I got very angry at that because I'm not old.

Kaz big hug to you:) and Julie it proves we don't need to smoke ever :)

Jack xx

You may also like...