New and introducing myself :)

Hi everyone :) you can call me munch and I am 24 years old. I am a p/t healthcare assistant so am on my feet a lot 2-3times a week. I feel I do not move enough on my days off (out of boredom and i live far away from friends and family! So I almost have no one to go out with apart from a few friends here and my partner)

Over the past 4 years I have managed to gain 5 stone using food as a crutch after an extremely difficult time in my life. Luckily I have not gained anymore and 15stone 3 was my heaviest weight. I have managed to lose a few lbs and am currently 14 stone 10lbs. I am setting little goals and completing them one by one, my first being reach 14 stone!

So I just thought I would say hello and officially introduce myself, I'm really looking forward to reaching my goals with the help and support of this lovely group x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi ambiemunch, I haven't been on here for ages, but coming back as there are so many supportive people here. I'm about 14st 5lbs and need to lose a good 4st, so understand your desire to drop the weight. I am a nurse, but have been desk based, working from home for the last 2 years, hence the weight gain.

You'll meet lots of lovely peeps here, good luck on your journey x

• Hello and welcome to the forum. It is hard to stay motivated without a support network but I hope we can come some way to helping you with that on the forum. The key I think is to keep posting and seeking out that support, the good weeks and the bad weeks. You have already done really well by losing some of the weight.

Take a look at the Pinned Posts section, to the right of your screen (bottom, if you're using a mobile) and have a look at the Welcome Newbies thread.

Look at the Topics section beneath that, for posts that could answer any questions you may have. Consider joining any, or all, of our challenges, as they're fun and motivating.

Join us for the Monday Group weigh-in. If you follow Lowcal and Moreless (our very approachable site Admins), you'll be notified when they post the threads. The latest weigh-in thread can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page.

Be active on the forum, as that's where we exchange ideas and get our daily dose of motivation and inspiration.

Enjoy the forum, and wishing you success with your goals. I wish you great luck and determination.

• Hello Munch and welcome, it is really great that you have joined us, and that you have managed to lose a few pounds already. Wishing you great success, and I'm looking forward to your updates on the forum.

• Welcome aboard, all the best with your weight loss :)

• Hi Munch - Good luck on your journey x

You may also like...