Mental Health Support
20,800 members12,644 posts

Lamictal - the world is going to end!

So I started Lamictal 2 weeks ago, which I take with 10mg of Citralopram. Recently I’ve felt like the world is going to end, I wake up at 5:30 6 in the morning with the worst anxiety attacks making me terrified to go to work. I stayed round my partners last night and it honestly felt like my chest was going to cave in.

I feel like everyone is talking about me and spreading rumours, honestly the worst I have EVER felt.

Can anyone let me know if it’s one of those drugs that make you feel bad before better, because this is the worst I’ve actually felt in a long time...

Thanks,

Mel

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi MelodyLeigh,

I really think you need to see your doctor as soon as possible and explain the symptoms you are experiencing. It may help for you to re-read the reply I gave to your questions about Lamictal 12 days ago with various links for more information:https://healthunlocked.com/mental-health-support/posts/137728530/lamotrigine-first-time

But here's another copy of the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) that comes with your medications, this gives a lot of safety advice and warnings about taking Lamictal, and that if you have any concerns to see your doctor urgently, which is what I urge you to do:

medicines.org.uk/emc/files/...

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. Do take care of yourself.

Best wishes,

MAS Nurse

Thanks Mas nurse, going to give them a call now and figure out what’s going on!

You may also like...