2+ months after circumcision: Swollen r... - Men's Health Forum

Men's Health Forum
17,687 members3,443 posts

2+ months after circumcision: Swollen ring persists

It's been more than 2 months since my circumcision. The problem remains exactly the same as mentioned in my previous post. There is a circular ring around my penis ans swelling is not coming down at all. Though in the erect state, ring stretches and penis looks all right. Should I visit to my surgeon again and take his opinion on this? Has anyone else experienced it as well? Will this swelling ever come down?

Image 1: semi erect

Image 2: Fully Erect

Image 3: Flaccid

21 Replies
oldestnewest

This is normal shape. The ring will accelerate orgasm in vagina because of gliding

Lymphoedema

Circumcision interferes with the flow of lymphatic fluid and causes the fluid to accumulate in the penis. This is a common complication of circumcision. It lasts a long time after the surgery.

nhs.uk/conditions/Lymphoedema/

Totally Normal. It will go away, give it time. But really nice circumcision though. How can you scareline be so beautiful. You only 2+ month post op. Which doctor did you?

I am from India..and went to a surgeon named Dr. Jayashankar in Bengaluru

Was your swelling like this as well? I have the same issue and I am 3 months post op. If so how long did it take for it to be gone?

You have excessive inner foreskin. He didn't cut enough of it away for it to be a smooth and tight circumcision. But its harmless though. When flaccid, your excessive skin bunches up into a ring of stored matter.

Mine's look like yours too

Thank you for your comment..Can we do anything about it ?

1 like

Yep!!! A circumcision revision surgery. Where the doc goes in and make an incision, then excise a measured quantity of skin where needed. Lastly, sewing and sealing the open wound, and us going through a full-healing process a 2nd time.

My new doc wants to charge a little more than I was charged originally by my first doc. I am not even considering returning back to my old doc. Smh lol

So I haven't had a correction just of yet

1 like

But will you go for it in future?

DEFINATELY WILL! I just can't now with the bullshit price he's trying to charge, and the financial debt that I already have up to my neck..

Hey man! I have the same problem. Did you ask your doctor?

Oedema

Circumcision is not a happy operation. It causes permanent injury to the penis. It is recommended only as a last resort when all other therapies fail.

Circumcision disrupts the flow of lymphatic fluid in the body. The lymphatic fluid accumulates in the tissues and this causes oedema which causes the swelling.

This is normal after circumcision. You should have told of this before you consented to be circumcised.

It can take many months for the oedema to fade away.

Hello! I have the same problem and it's been 6+ months and swelling hasn't reduced, do you think I should look for help?

I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it.

DId you use any ointment after? Like Neosporin. My swelling went down a little after the 2 week mark. I'm on day 17 now.

give it more time it should go down a lil more

I got the same problem as you but I’m just on day 9th . The bruising is still appeared as the swollen ring is looking abit better but the stitches haven’t dissolve yet . I feel really itchy on the stitches place everyday . Can u advice me about it, please ?

Still swollen? How long did it take to go away? Have the same issue

Why is ypur dick so black and your hand so light

1 like

Im a year post-op and most of the swelling has gone for me. The skin there is just a little looser but still looks fine. Much prefer the looser cut!

1 like

Did your swelling look like this as well? How long did it take to see 90% of the swelling it be gone? I’m 4 months post op

You may also like...