Hi from a newbie

Hi from a newbie

A brief history - have managed to upload more than 30kg since treatment for Graves Disease. It has been both a physical and mental struggle to come to terms with where I am now. Because I know that only I can change this, there are various options I have explored to deal with this. None has been successful.

I am hoping that by coming here, not only can I get some help/support, but also help anyone else who is in a similar situation.

Best wishes to all and hope you have a wonderful day.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey by uploading 30 kg you mean?

• Packed on the weight :)

• Hi babe patricia here your not a lone here we all have autoimmune diseases that we hate mine is that horrible ibs & now coeliac disease the pain that never goes & never far away from the toilet I lost loads of weight with this coeliac disease becouse I suffered for ten yrs thinking it was ibs untill I got so ill & had to have a urgent blood transfusion becouse I had severe anemia brought on by not getten the right nutrients it was the doctors to blame so just take each day as it cums babe becouse that is all we can do & remember that you can cope with it from our support were allways here take care patricia

• Hi and thanks for that. Also have IBS-D mainly. Know where all the toilets are esp when have to go out. So sorry that you have Coeliac as I know how much it impacts on your life - shopping, cooking and eating out (even at friends/family). A very sorry set of affairs.

In some ways it is good to know that I am not alone, but in others feel so bad that there are so many dealing with so many and varied problems.

Take care too and hope you have a good week Patricia

Regards

Jen

• Thanks jenny babe you too my twin has that divicurtistis & she now takes loperamide for the dyria they help her a lot she takes two a day they help her when she has to go out becouse she was so depressed and cudent plan any days out she gets a lot of pain like us but I always say to her take each day as it cums patricia